Chemotherapy survival kit

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
One of my best friends got the cancer diagnosis last Monday. Chemotherapy starts already next week. He is in good hands with his doctors and his family. So I dont really feel responsible for the everyday issues and general care. But I believe that he would nevertheless enjoy a little (not too serious) distraction from his cancer now and then.
From what I have read the first 3-4 weeks chemotherapy are still relativly easy to handle. People Told me they were almost bored because they had to stay at home but still felt relativly healthy. Therefore I thought it might be a nice idea to pack a "chemotherapy survival kit" with a few items to get entertained.

Heres what I already have in the box:

- Kicker magazine (Soccer)
- Car magazine
- Playboy
- Mikey Mouse comic
- TBBT S 1-5
- earplugs
- sleepingmask
- different sorts of tea
- Harry Potter audio CD

I think this is a good start, but maybe you guys have some other ideas that I can add to it. Share your thoughts freaks. :)

:hi5:

Some Mary Jane...

Fotolia_53510958_XS.jpg

Sometimes when you're doing Chemo, your taste buds change and using metal utensils can taste funny in your mouth and sometimes using them to cook will change the taste, so maybe some good plastic utensils to eat with?

Favorite movie(s) & music.

I had a friend who was going through chemo and he loved to draw so I bought him some art supplies. :D

Oh that is a nice idea. I will check for some nice music! Thank you!

Do they have a 3ds or a PS Vita? Games for those provide a lot of entertainment.

We are both students of law. No time for video games. :lol (Unfortunatly)

Some Mary Jane...

No offense brother, but I was hoping for more serious answers, as I really want to send him a nice package. :) :duff

Sometimes when you're doing Chemo, your taste buds change and using metal utensils can taste funny in your mouth and sometimes using them to cook will change the taste, so maybe some good plastic utensils to eat with?

Really?! Didnt know about that, but it makes kind of sense. Very interesting. To be honest I am not sure what is harder the cancer itself or the chemo therapy. It has to be terrible. Anyway, I want to be as positive as possible. :)

Oh that is a nice idea. I will check for some nice music! Thank you!

We are both students of law. No time for video games. :lol (Unfortunatly)

No offense brother, but I was hoping for more serious answers, as I really want to send him a nice package. :) :duff

I know but i was being serious, though. Marijuana helps alleviate some of the side effects from chemo like nausea and such :)

And best of luck to your friend. Cancer is something no human should have to go through.

Also certain colors of foods make you sick, like red Jello for example.

:lol

Well thats a little pricey.

tablets don't have to be so pricey. you could find one for like 40-50 bucks. It depends, he would get more out of the tablet than the magazines. Once he reads them he will probably get bored but he could spend hours and hours online with the tablet? :dunno

One of my best friends got the cancer diagnosis last Monday. Chemotherapy starts already next week. He is in good hands with his doctors and his family. So I dont really feel responsible for the everyday issues and general care. But I believe that he would nevertheless enjoy a little (not too serious) distraction from his cancer now and then.
From what I have read the first 3-4 weeks chemotherapy are still relativly easy to handle. People Told me they were almost bored because they had to stay at home but still felt relativly healthy. Therefore I thought it might be a nice idea to pack a "chemotherapy survival kit" with a few items to get entertained.

Heres what I already have in the box:

- Kicker magazine (Soccer)
- Car magazine
- Playboy
- Mikey Mouse comic
- TBBT S 1-5
- earplugs
- sleepingmask
- different sorts of tea
- Harry Potter audio CD

I think this is a good start, but maybe you guys have some other ideas that I can add to it. Share your thoughts freaks. :)

:hi5:

Good on you for doing this for your friend.

List sounds pretty good. I'd include a Bible but that's just me. Crossword puzzle books are nice also, and lotr on audio cd.

Prayers for your friend.

I know but i was being serious, though. Marijuana helps alleviate some of the side effects from chemo like nausea and such :)

And best of luck to your friend. Cancer is something no human should have to go through.

:goodpost: Get your friend some Marijuana for sure. My dad has cancer and the dope has turned him into a ravenous eating machine and you need to eat if your on chemo. Also there's a lot of current research that shows the THC in marijuana can cure some types of cancer. My dad could feel the tumor in his prostate when he started the chemo and dope, now he can't feel it at all so we're hoping for a good report. I recommend hash oil aka RSO Rick Simpson Oil for potency. God Bless.

:goodpost: Get your friend some Marijuana for sure. My dad has cancer and the dope has turned him into a ravenous eating machine and you need to eat if your on chemo. Also there's a lot of current research that shows the THC in marijuana can cure some types of cancer. My dad could feel the tumor in his prostate when he started the chemo and dope, now he can't feel it at all so we're hoping for a good report. I recommend hash oil aka RSO Rick Simpson Oil for potency. God Bless.

Have they ever mentioned "seeding" the tumor instead of the chemo?

Have they ever mentioned "seeding" the tumor instead of the chemo?

I don't think the radiated seed was an option for us because the type of cancer- was agressive, started in the bladder and spread to the prostate. It came on and started spreading in between his monthly checkups. On a positive note, just got back from the Doc today and they're cancelling 3 mo of his chemo to move his surgery up- Doc didn't see cancer when he scoped... and all the other tests are positive.

I don't think the radiated seed was an option for us because the type of cancer- was agressive, started in the bladder and spread to the prostate. It came on and started spreading in between his monthly checkups. On a positive note, just got back from the Doc today and they're cancelling 3 mo of his chemo to move his surgery up- Doc didn't see cancer when he scoped... and all the other tests are positive.

That is good news!

Glad to hear your father is doing better. :hi5:

In Germany the law is pretty clear. Weed is a drug and verboten! Nevertheless they use it in cancer therapy when needed. Doctors are pretty fast with giving out marijuana, so there is no need to go the illegal route that might cost both of us our studies. :lol
Nevertheless, I will strongly advice him to order some. :)

Back