Sideshow's QC issues need to be addressed.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.

spawn10459

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hello every one and Sideshow,
I've been buying statues from sideshow for years now and i must say that the QC has become complete crap. Every statue i ordered from sideshow in the last 2 years was returned due to QC issues. The painting of these statues are complete crap, tons of issues with scratches and other defects, lighting issues, broken statues with no damage to the outer box so the statue was shipped broken, and many more defects.

Sideshow you guys need to address your QC because you have become the laughing stock for collectors. There are tons of other studios that are making statues 1000000X better then any thing you have released in the past 3 years. I have never heard of any one returning an XM statue due to defects, does that mean it doesn't happen? not at all but you can look around and see hundreds of people retuning statues to you.

you guys need to go into damage control ASAP because if you don't fix this now you guys will not survive as a company. :lecture

35li349.gif

This from the guy who suggests 'smash it with a hammer, get a replacement then smash that with a hammer too'.

If a company doesn't care about what their product looks like then why should i care how i send it back to them?

I agree, the QC has slipped while the prices we pay increase. Plus there seems to be less and less replacements. Minor issues I can sometimes overlook, but seems like you are lucky if you get a decent piece these days and if you don't you get a puny refund offer or have to send it back and lose the EX. I get stressed out when these arrive now instead of happy like I should be.

I agree, the QC has slipped while the prices we pay increase. Plus there seems to be less and less replacements. Minor issues I can sometimes overlook, but seems like you are lucky if you get a decent piece these days and if you don't you get a puny refund offer or have to send it back and lose the EX. I get stressed out when these arrive now instead of happy like I should be.

apparently you and i are the only people who care that we get good quality statues. Sideshow used to make AWESOME statues. Now you have a 25% chance of getting an OK statue with some defects the other 75% are just complete crap. Who ever they use in China they need to fire and hire a new company. Or justify
the price increase of statues by hiring an American company to paint the statues.

Send the mold to china, Send the unpainted statues to US have a Sideshow QC rep at the paitning place and ship directly from the painting where house.

I'm in agreement here. While I love Sideshow and continue to support them by buying statues, I can't ignore the fact that their QC is pretty bad these days. That being said, I do think their customer service is top notch. Granted small refunds may not be the best consolation to a defective piece, having the choice of a FULL REFUND is definitely a nice gesture IMO. Still, it seems the hit or miss nature of these newer pieces is a step back for them and is a bit troubling for all of us who collect SSC. That and the consistently rising prices does seem to be contradictory. In any case, nothing will probably change til they cross the line of reducing their QC quality vs raising the price too high...which could happen pretty soon. I just hope newer companies like XM continue to grow and challenge SSC to raise their quality bar.

Talking about QC issues with SS is the same as...

c8710740fa7a5491f45bc444d8f103690cd0d9c80d4e737b2d7b2baba80874f8.jpg

When people buying stuff > people complaining about stuff, why change?

I agree if enough noise is made, stuff could change. I actually feel bad for people that get bad stuff. I have maybe 7 or 8 pieces now, and about a good 6 incoming within a 8 month period. Of all that I own, I have a Gwen with a slight leaning issue, but I'm okay with it. Everything else was flawless and good. It really is a shame to hear that stuff, but some big things have hit and really SS needs to mention it i.e Apocalypse and Superman EX. That's some inappropriate action from a company who prides by their "fans and supporters'.

Hello every one and Sideshow,
I've been buying statues from sideshow for years now and i must say that the QC has become complete crap. Every statue i ordered from sideshow in the last 2 years was returned due to QC issues. The painting of these statues are complete crap, tons of issues with scratches and other defects, lighting issues, broken statues with no damage to the outer box so the statue was shipped broken, and many more defects.

Sideshow you guys need to address your QC because you have become the laughing stock for collectors. There are tons of other studios that are making statues 1000000X better then any thing you have released in the past 3 years. I have never heard of any one returning an XM statue due to defects, does that mean it doesn't happen? not at all but you can look around and see hundreds of people retuning statues to you.

you guys need to go into damage control ASAP because if you don't fix this now you guys will not survive as a company. :lecture

Sideshow damage control protocol has been in full effect for a few years now:

fingers_in_ears.jpg

You counted, huh?

Seems about the right ratio to me over the past year. Mine is more like 15% without problems. I have had to send multiple statues back, get replacements parts for some, and be out of luck for parts on others. Still waiting for my Superman EX too, and nice to know the replacement parts are already gone should I need some. Working with trying to get my Alien LSB replaced a week after release and they are already out of replacements due to so many with issues.

You get served crap 85% of the time and yet you keep eating at the same diner. But as you eat you grump loudly at the chef so he knows, and the other patrons know, just how unpleasant is each mouthful.

Nom nom, do you nom chew call this munch nom garbage food? *burp

You get served crap 85% of the time and yet you keep eating at the same diner. But as you eat you grump loudly at the chef so he knows, and the other patrons know, just how unpleasant is each mouthful.

Nom nom, do you nom chew call this munch nom garbage food? *burp

:lol:clap:clap:clap

You get served crap 85% of the time and yet you keep eating at the same diner.

If I were at said establishment, poor food gets fixed or sent back as with SS. They have the ability to serve a "perfect meal" so yes I keep going back even with the recent odds. I give praise when earned, criticism when warranted. I don't accept "garbage" as you put it, and I don't expect anyone else here likes doing so either. It is people like spawn that don't just post funnies, but tries to help improve things for everyone.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back