What's the pride and joy of your collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
So in this scenario, am I not the one that lights the fire while hysterically screaming, "I'm finally free!" .

My McFarlane Undertaker statue, signed by The Deadman himself.
Yah... I have a man crush on this guy XD.

What's the one piece you would never sell, the one piece you would rescue above all others if your place were on fire?
If I'm going to answer seriously, it wouldn't be anything toy related. :lol

Otherwise, my 18" ToyBiz uber jointed S2 Spidey figure - although, that guy will outlast all the high end malarkey that folks drool over. :lol

My collection is ever growing, and perfect to me as far as content and overall aesthetic. However, I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if it all burned to ash, and I would gladly sell anything for the right price.

I guess right now I would say... HT leonidas

047.JPG

I'm probably going to sell him soon though, since the price is high, and I'm still pretty certain HT or another 1/6 company will produce another soon. Plus I'm limiting the rubber in my collection after ED-209.

An interesting question because there's two answers for me - it's really two questions. You first asked, what's the pride and joy of my collection. I have several prototypes that fit that bill, one of a kind stuff that I'd never part with. But then you added "what would you rescue..." and that's a different story. If I could only rescue one toy, it would be Eric the Viking from the Best of the West. Easily replaced for less money than most Hot Toys figures these days, he's not something I showcase in my collection. But this was one of my toys as a kid, and therefore this specific one can't be replaced - it's all about nostalgia.

Thanks for all the input everyone!

Michael, I've been reading your reviews for the past few years, they helped introduce me to companies like Hot Toys. Thanks so much!

My collection is ever growing, and perfect to me as far as content and overall aesthetic. However, I wouldn't lose an ounce of sleep if it all burned to ash, and I would gladly sell anything for the right price.

I guess right now I would say... HT leonidas

View attachment 130023

I'm probably going to sell him soon though, since the price is high, and I'm still pretty certain HT or another 1/6 company will produce another soon. Plus I'm limiting the rubber in my collection after ED-209.

Leonidas is a great-looking figure man, my 7-inch NECA just doesn't compare. :lol

Great display, Alpha Scale. I wish I had as much space as your display room.

Anyway. the pride and joy of my collection would have to be the 1/6 89 Batmobile, Tumbler, and Bat-Pod.

Seeing as I have insurance, I'd be good. But if we mean it in the sense of what would be my favorite above all, well it would be something I don't own just yet. But it would be (assuming it's in great condition) Batgirl PF. I would also save a couple of my Batgirl comics. But in the real scenario, I'd be fine with it burning.

Back