UNIVERSAL WISHES TO DESTROY PHANTOM OF THE OPERA SET! Sign a petition to stop them.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I wasn't sure where to put this. Mods, place accordingly.

Universal Studios is planning to tear down a historical landmark (despite its immaculate condition). The Stage 28 Phantom of the Opera set.:horror:horror The set is nearly 100 years old. Phantom was filmed in 1925. So, its about 11 years shy of a centennial. Probably being demolished to provide real estate for something ridiculous. There is a petition in place for anyone wishing to sign it. In an attempt to show Universal that folks actually care about their cinematic history. Hopefully we can convince them to change their mind.:pray: I understand if some folks couldn't care less about this sort of thing. But some of us do. if you are one of those who care....please take a few moments of your time to sign via the link below. I thank you.:hi5:

https://www.thepetitionsite.com/330...of-the-opera-stage/?taf_id=12572469&cid=fb_na

Seriously, what difference does it make? It's not like it's a national landmark or anything. It's a set for a movie.

Seriously? Its a piece of history now. Its older than some of our states! You just don't have that kind of craftsmanship in a movie anymore. Its all green screen crap now. Its a beautiful piece of cinematic history. Had it been torn down shortly after production, yeah, it would have been too bad, but not unexpected. It served its purpose. But the fact its still standing after nearly 100 years!!! You can't just tear it down now. I mean with Universal's history of fires, its amazing its lasted this long without Universal wanting to tear it down now. I mean we already lost London After Midnight to a Universal fire, we don't need to lose another piece of Chaney History. Losing the King Kong ride set was bad enough.

I hope some big news outlet picks this up. Maybe The Governator still has some connections in Sacramento that could get this on the historical registry? Someone contact Arnold ASAP! :lol

I am willing to bet this is happening to bring in the New HARRY POTTER stuff. They want to build Potter stuff at Hollywood and perhaps this is what they are doing for it

they will remove it to bring this in:

Wizarding_World_of_Harry_Potter_Castle.jpg

They're already underway, building the Harry Potter attraction. My guess is that they will do the same thing they did in Orlando... Diagon Alley and Hogwarts.
I'm not sure how close Stage 28 is to this location, though. The Harry Potter section is going up right next to the tram ride entrance.

is this stage even used for anything? do they still use it?

what if they don't use it for anything at all? that space just being wasted

Seriously? Its a piece of history now. Its older than some of our states! You just don't have that kind of craftsmanship in a movie anymore. Its all green screen crap now. Its a beautiful piece of cinematic history. Had it been torn down shortly after production, yeah, it would have been too bad, but not unexpected. It served its purpose. But the fact its still standing after nearly 100 years!!! You can't just tear it down now. I mean with Universal's history of fires, its amazing its lasted this long without Universal wanting to tear it down now. I mean we already lost London After Midnight to a Universal fire, we don't need to lose another piece of Chaney History. Losing the King Kong ride set was bad enough.

I hope some big news outlet picks this up. Maybe The Governator still has some connections in Sacramento that could get this on the historical registry? Someone contact Arnold ASAP! :lol

Bah humbug

Hoodonit00....and you would be one of the fellas who doesn't care.....thanks for sharing your not caring. I guess.:(

It never ceases to amaze me how people who have no interest in a thread pop in just to let you know.... they have no interest.

We get it. it's lost on you. Bye.

no one answered my question....

is this still used to make movies or shows? Can people go inside the soundstage as part of the tour?

if it can be used and if people can visit inside they should have just made it a tour.

I can see why they want to break it down if they have no use for it since they don't have a lot of space in that park,

that's great! kind of weird how something will be preserved by moving a couple of walls while destroying the stage itself.

Back