Quarantine Studios gets Frazetta license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1- Maybe they spoke too soon before signing deal.
2- ARH studios threatened to break theirs legs if they go through with it.

It could be anything. The deal may have fallen apart at the eleventh hour. The person who made the post may have not had permission to do so, and the company may be wishing to make the official announcement with significantly more fanfare. ARH may have a window of licensing exclusivity that hasn't expired yet. Or any one of a thousand other things.

Just have to wait and see how things ultimately shake out, I guess.

Hey guys and dolls, I posted on the previous page that QS deleted thier official announcement on SF last week and was curious as to why? It just didn't make sense to me them getting a license now? Why give another license before ARH could even put their items up for sale?

Well I managed to get some info on this subject and would like to pass it on.

Apparently QS jumped the gun because the deal has been kiboshed. FYI, ARH has exclusive rights contract on all sizes not only 1/4 scale.

Next year ARH will initiate a 1/6 line based on Frazetta black and white sketches and will also produce some of the paintings in 1/6 including Silver Warrior and Indomitable. I can certainly see why they have decided to do the big dios in 1/6 and many will be happy for the reduction in scale on those two. I can say I am not upset about that decision as it will be a much more manageable display issue for me.

For all the Death Dealer fans the plan is to start on DD 3 after NYCC.

Looks like ARH wants to make the most of this license. Now I have to go take a good look at some of the black and white sketches and give averone some requests.

Thanks for the update as it does make sense to have one company do it. Still an odd situation.
Chris
PS: If anyone has a bronze QS death dealer for sale please contact me.

Wow! I got all excited because I thought Paquet Deathdealer/steed was back in production...what a shame that won't see the light of day.

Back