Old sideshow collectibles bodies.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ArrogantPycho

Freakzoid
Reaction score
I recently bought an old sideshow Hellboy figure from back in 2004 and I'm loving it BUT, I was just wondering if any one knew if the body for the figure was held together via a rubber band.

It certainly looks like the torso is held to the legs by a rubber band like some old action figures were, I hope it isn't but I thought I might ask here anyway.

Thanks?

I recently bought an old sideshow Hellboy figure from back in 2004 and I'm loving it BUT, I was just wondering if any one knew if the body for the figure was held together via a rubber band.

It certainly looks like the torso is held to the legs by a rubber band like some old action figures were, I hope it isn't but I thought I might ask here anyway.

Thanks?

I think there's some rubber band around the torso, not just Sideshow but generally older 1/6 bodies tend to have that "Spring effect" on the torso, which is quite annoying.

I have a Han Solo Smuggler, the arms seems to also have that spring thing which makes posing difficult.

Thanks?

no. those are gi joes.
images

i'm pretty sure they have somesort of spring/band inside the body. at least the torso and arm.

No rubber bands... I believe the only joint with a spring of any type is where the neck connector is held into the torso and in the waist. Always possible that Hellboy is some kind of anonomaly, but the Buck was a pretty consistent design over it's run.

Yeah the arms on my Hellboy kinda spring back and forth a lot too. Reason I ask is because I'm afraid that the spring mechanism will eventually break.

Yeah, the arms might have a spring in them similar to the neck... but it's not something that is getting stretched, it just puts pressure on the arm holding it in place. I'd need to check as I've gotten rid of most of my Buck bodies, but as far as I know they don't have any issue of wearing out, at least I've never had that problem.

That's one thing I've got to give to SSC - generally speaking, their old buck bodies were good quality & sturdy.

The HT TTs just don't compare at all in that regard..

Word. Those old SSC BUck bodies and old DID bodies were ugly with weird proportions but those were some tough mother ****ers. And yeah, sturdy too. I have a couple figures on old DID bodies and they stand up perfectly, no need for a stand. Not so much with TTs. :lol

Back