Media What game series have you always wanted to play, but did not? And regret it!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Metal Gear
Because the only console I ever had was 16bit SEGA.
Wanted to buy PS3 and HD collection but seeing how badly it was ported I've decided to pass.

Mass Effect
Finally tried the first one recently... Wasn't blown away by odd combat system and the narrative didn't hook me.
I really-really liked the overall trek-ish feel mixed with today's designs :monkey2

Yeah, the lack of options was also a reason. I like my RPG to be as flexible as possible.

Riddick, I'd still check out the MGS HD Collection, it's a blast playing through them. Even though there are a few problems in the port it does still have a nice feel to it and the resolution itself was quite a good improvement. Even the weakest of the three titles included has great co-op and I've sunk loads of hours into it still.

Metal Gear
Because the only console I ever had was 16bit SEGA.
Wanted to buy PS3 and HD collection but seeing how badly it was ported I've decided to pass.

Mass Effect
Finally tried the first one recently... Wasn't blown away by odd combat system and the narrative didn't hook me.
I really-really liked the overall trek-ish feel mixed with today's designs :monkey2

Mass Effect 1's combat and game mechanics are really wonky and unfinished compared to 2 and 3. It improved a LOT between the 1st and 2nd game.

Never felt combat was odd or wonky in Mass Effect, thought it worked really well like the KOTOR games- more strategy and team position management than just straight run and gun :huh

reminds me, never even picked up the third one haha... I need to find it cheap and give em all a whirl again

Riddick, I'd still check out the MGS HD Collection, it's a blast playing through them. Even though there are a few problems in the port it does still have a nice feel to it and the resolution itself was quite a good improvement. Even the weakest of the three titles included has great co-op and I've sunk loads of hours into it still.

I'm thinking of it. Need to wait for PS3 to go down in price first :lol

Just past the first level or two of the original Assassin's Creed - not sure about this one. Looks a little rough by today's standards, but like what the are trying to do with it

Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid and Final Fantasy series.

Ive only played Resi4 which i LOVED, a little FFX (not an RPG fan) but the normal battles got boring quick o me.
And Ive never owned a Nintendo :( i wanna get a WII cause its backward compatible right?

Resident Evil, Zelda, Metroid and Final Fantasy series.

Ive only played Resi4 which i LOVED, a little FFX (not an RPG fan) but the normal battles got boring quick o me.
And Ive never owned a Nintendo :( i wanna get a WII cause its backward compatible right?

Yeah the Wii is compatible with GC games. I have more gamecube games than Wii games, I use it for a GC :lol

The GC was a far better console than the Wii imo

Anyway, I don't think there is a series I missed that I want to play, but... I'd love to play Resident Evil 3.5

I was familiar with the trailers, I hadn't seen all that gamplay footage before. It's amazing! It's interesting too see that the ax trap was there from such an early stage, even if Leon's reaction is less acrobatic.

I've always found RE1.5 more intriguing (because of Elza Walker, who I hope they use someday), but I hadn't realized how well 3.5 sat between classic RE and new RE.

Yeah the Wii is compatible with GC games. I have more gamecube games than Wii games, I use it for a GC :lol

The GC was a far better console than the Wii imo

Hehe, right on. I always liked the GC a lot and my fav console for a long time. Got it dirt cheap too in the PS2 vs XBOX war. Have a WII U with just a couple games that I mostly use for WII games. Missed my old GC games, so I put the WII U sideways and placed the Gamecube on top. Such a nice little console. :)

Back