Star Wars concept art books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Jack D

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi everyone. Can someone give me a bit of advice on some SW books I'm trying to track down.

When I was younger I used to drool over these art books with a lot of McQuarrie concept art for the OT. Never did get them as they were too expensive for us back then, but I really would like to get them now.

I tried searching google, and found a lot of various art books. Is anyone familiar with the ones I'm after?

Thanks!

Hi everyone. Can someone give me a bit of advice on some SW books I'm trying to track down.

When I was younger I used to drool over these art books with a lot of McQuarrie concept art for the OT. Never did get them as they were too expensive for us back then, but I really would like to get them now.

I tried searching google, and found a lot of various art books. Is anyone familiar with the ones I'm after?

Thanks!

I got this one. Had to track down the hardcover edition. It should be available in paperback, but I prefer the hardcover. I can provide more info or pictures, if you should require.

illustratedSWuniverse.jpg

I got this one. Had to track down the hardcover edition. It should be available in paperback, but I prefer the hardcover. I can provide more info or pictures, if you should require.

illustratedSWuniverse.jpg

I have this one as well. A great read combined with beautiful Mcquarrie art.

Very much. It's an interesting book. It's actually written as a story where the main character describes the worlds that are shown in the artwork. Highly recommendable. I don't know how easy it will be to find the hardcover. But I'd recommend that.

I have the making of books, but I'd really love it SW did similar books as the Art of Marvel Books. I love every single one of those.

I have the making of books, but I'd really love it SW did similar books as the Art of Marvel Books. I love every single one of those.

I find that with the current offerings of Star Wars books, the list of SW books is richer in terms of various behind the scenes and art books. :)

Cerealkeller - YES! Those are the ones. Thank you to everyone who posted, some of the other ones look great as well, particularly the art of Dave Dorman one and the comics one. I used to love SW as a kid, and really liked the Dark Horse comic runs with Exar Kun and the like, and the Dark Empire series.

I've also always thought that McQuarrie's original Vader design was a lot cooler than the final one. Sacrilege I know lol, but I think his concept looks more menacing and aggressive.

I've also always thought that McQuarrie's original Vader design was a lot cooler than the final one. Sacrilege I know lol, but I think his concept looks more menacing and aggressive.

I'm sure that design and Respirator-Luke will show up as new characters in Rebels or something:lol

Thanks guys, I'll have to check all those out. I used to love all those types of books, I had the weapons and tech encyclopedias, I loved all the little backstory details put into it.

Sculpting a galaxy is pretty fantastic, don't have either of the Chronicles books. I'll post what I have when I get home, I think my collection of books is one area where I actually have a decent sized collection :lol

Back