Star Wars concept art books

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
IMO "Star Wars Chronicles" by Deborah Fine is THE BEST SW book to own, hands down. I'm glad I got the first edition, it is simply fantastic!

I need to get "The Making of Empire Strikes Back" and "The Making of Return of the Jedi" (already have ANH version) and "The Visual Dictionary of Star Wars, Episodes IV, V, & VI: The Ultimate Guide to Star Wars Characters and Creatures" - as you can see I prefer OT books.

I need to get "The Making of Empire Strikes Back" and "The Making of Return of the Jedi" (already have ANH version) and "The Visual Dictionary of Star Wars, Episodes IV, V, & VI: The Ultimate Guide to Star Wars Characters and Creatures" - as you can see I prefer OT books.

Did you check amazon warehouse? These books are pretty often available there with small flaws but for a very decent price.

I cannot order Amazon sellers used books from my country. Only the new ones sold directly by Amazon. But will get them anyway :)

Amazon Warehouse is an order directly from Amazon. It's their own intern marketplace account to sell items with some flaws/damages etc.

Amazon Warehouse is an order directly from Amazon. It's their own intern marketplace account to sell items with some flaws/damages etc.

As I said I cannot order any kind of used books from Amazon from my location, no matter if sold by Amazon directly or by contributing sellers. :( Amazon international marketplace is not available in Romania yet.

Thoughts from anyone on getting Dressing a Galaxy vs waiting for the Star Wars Costumes book that's forthcoming?

That's a book I've been meaning to acquire - Sculpting A Galaxy. Heard so many good things about it.

It's a great book. For a prop collector it is essential.

Thoughts from anyone on getting Dressing a Galaxy vs waiting for the Star Wars Costumes book that's forthcoming?

I have SW Costumes on pre-order, don't own Dressing a Galaxy because IIRC that is mostly PT.

IMO "Star Wars Chronicles" by Deborah Fine is THE BEST SW book to own, hands down. I'm glad I got the first edition, it is simply fantastic!

Same. The OT books are the ones I'm interested in.

Well, they are definitely the ones that obviously has been put the most effort into. But the various art books are also very good. Let's face it.. The Making Of books are really a heavy and often boring read. ;)

A few great Star Wars books that I recently received: "The Making of Star Wars Trilogy", "Star Wars Archives", and "The Visual Dictionary":

StarWarsbooks.jpg

And a fantastic non Star Wars book - "Terminator Vault", which has various prop replicas inside it:

BookTerminatorVault.jpg

A great book that I wanted but passed on it for some time waiting for a good deal. Star Wars The Blueprints is finally here. It arrived, 3 days by DHL from US to Romania, the fastest shipping ever!!
Holy moly, it is HUGE! Star Wars Chronicles is very close in size, but this is even wider. Superb book indeed!

Book_Star_Wars_Blueprints_01.jpg

Book_Star_Wars_Blueprints_02.jpg

BTW what Ralph McQuarrie books do you recommend? A friend of mine wants to buy something. I recommended the Portofolios and The Illustrated Star Wars Universe. Are there others? Of course not the $3000 ones from Amazon LOL

Illustrated SW Universe is good. There's going to be a new book coming out sometime next year.

My Star Wars art book collection so far, 2 more to come and I'm done. I have other SW books and comics but these are the art books and visual dictionaries:

Star Wars artbooks 01.jpg

Very cool. Star Wars Art: Ralph McQuarrie will be the only book from the Star Wars Art series (Visions, Comics, Illustrations, Concept and Posters) that I'm interested in. He is the only artist I'll get Prequels stuff from, by knowing his importance to the OT.

Back