Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 11th Doctor 1/6 TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 1/6 TARDIS

Could you tell us what is the width of the main body
and total height and height from the base to the top of the 'Police box' sign, thanks

Nice looking Tardis Reinhardt, but I'll be waiting for the BCS one! So what do folks want with it? I'm sure BCS will work out the best way to ship it and want to include versus the price point, but personally I want:

-A 9th/10th Doctor Tardis to go with the Tenth Doctor, the forthcoming Ninth Doctor, and celebrating ten years of the show's triumphant return;

-Little door for the phone

- Flatpack construction except for the roof;

- Roof to have interior light, plus light behind the 'Police' signs and of course roof light, all operated by one switch inside the roof (positioned where David Tennant flicked a switch to make it snow in 'The Runaway Bride')

- Take off and landing noise

-'Bad Wolf' graffiti decals!

Any attempt to make it more like a 1/6 FC Tardis (with lots of noises, Tardis making noise when you lift it up etc) would mean it couldn't be flat packed and the electronics couldn't all be contained in the roof. On the other hand you could contain them all int he roof and have them activated by a remote control like the old PE and CO dales used to have - but I'm not sure how realistic this is for an item that's not mass produced.

Bottom line - I'd like an affordable bare bones release with some lights and sounds, versus a super deluxe one that would put it into a price bracket i couldn't justify. I'd even be happy if there was a bare bones FX one and a separate deluxe one with a remote control.

As for interiors, I'd just like a card that could be lit up by an interior roof light; and if it was flat packed they could always provide an upgrade one day for people to buy with a sort of 3d console on a backing card and some FX.

Super Deluxe! Super Deluxe!

(which means it actually travels through time and space)

Super Deluxe! Super Deluxe!

(which means it actually travels through time and space)

I'd need a Super Deluxe wallet, lol. But if you get one that travels in time make sure you slip me next week's lottery numbers...

A wallet that was bigger on the inside than the outside would be nice so long as you could fill it. :lol

Sounds interesting I'll probably buy it as it will be a brilliant piece to set behind the doctor. I really hope there will lights in the piece to give it some extra detail. But really can't wait to see it finished and what Big Chief have planned for the future. If they made something like a 1/6 Dalek or my favorite character K-9 I might die of happiness.

Nice looking Tardis Reinhardt, but I'll be waiting for the BCS one! So what do folks want with it? I'm sure BCS will work out the best way to ship it and want to include versus the price point, but personally I want:

-A 9th/10th Doctor Tardis to go with the Tenth Doctor, the forthcoming Ninth Doctor, and celebrating ten years of the show's triumphant return;

-Little door for the phone

- Flatpack construction except for the roof;

- Roof to have interior light, plus light behind the 'Police' signs and of course roof light, all operated by one switch inside the roof (positioned where David Tennant flicked a switch to make it snow in 'The Runaway Bride')

- Take off and landing noise

-'Bad Wolf' graffiti decals!

Any attempt to make it more like a 1/6 FC Tardis (with lots of noises, Tardis making noise when you lift it up etc) would mean it couldn't be flat packed and the electronics couldn't all be contained in the roof. On the other hand you could contain them all int he roof and have them activated by a remote control like the old PE and CO dales used to have - but I'm not sure how realistic this is for an item that's not mass produced.

Bottom line - I'd like an affordable bare bones release with some lights and sounds, versus a super deluxe one that would put it into a price bracket i couldn't justify. I'd even be happy if there was a bare bones FX one and a separate deluxe one with a remote control.

As for interiors, I'd just like a card that could be lit up by an interior roof light; and if it was flat packed they could always provide an upgrade one day for people to buy with a sort of 3d console on a backing card and some FX.

hmmm i like the idea of a 9th Doctor Who and Bad Wolf graffiti on the Tardis.

Lights would be nice but I don't need sound at all. It would be neat but I would hardly use them and it would just drive the cost up.

Sounds interesting I'll probably buy it as it will be a brilliant piece to set behind the doctor. I really hope there will lights in the piece to give it some extra detail. But really can't wait to see it finished and what Big Chief have planned for the future. If they made something like a 1/6 Dalek or my favorite character K-9 I might die of happiness.

Yes please to both! Especially a sixth scale Dalek!!!

Lights would be nice but I don't need sound at all. It would be neat but I would hardly use them and it would just drive the cost up.

:exactly: Agreed, it would look awesome...but would also probably price me out of buying it. :(

Of course I just picked up a 1/6 TARDIS off of eBay last week! LOL But the price was too good to pass up. It's a static TARDIS (door doesn't open, no lights or sound), but I wouldn't be playing with it anyway (a bit bummed about the door not opening though). Nice thing is that it's fully made of wood. From the Tennant era - pic below. Thing is massive! I had no concept as to how big it was until it was in my hands. Depending on the price of the BCS version, this may end up back on eBay though :)

View attachment 128830

LOL, you bought that TARDIS from me on eBay LOL!!! I am glad you like it :) (Don't worry the Big Chief TARDIS will be at least $1,000 and be made of plastic. A company did one a few years ago that was $700. Big Chief's will be more.) I only have two left for sale, and possibly a third then I am going to retire from TARDIS building for at least a year.

Of course I just picked up a 1/6 TARDIS off of eBay last week! LOL But the price was too good to pass up. It's a static TARDIS (door doesn't open, no lights or sound), but I wouldn't be playing with it anyway (a bit bummed about the door not opening though). Nice thing is that it's fully made of wood. From the Tennant era - pic below. Thing is massive! I had no concept as to how big it was until it was in my hands. Depending on the price of the BCS version, this may end up back on eBay though :)

View attachment 128830

I would love to see a photo of the TARDIS next to a BC David Tennant if you have one.

LOL, you bought that TARDIS from me on eBay LOL!!! I am glad you like it :) (Don't worry the Big Chief TARDIS will be at least $1,000 and be made of plastic. A company did one a few years ago that was $700. Big Chief's will be more.) I only have two left for sale, and possibly a third then I am going to retire from TARDIS building for at least a year.

No way will it be $1000. The Hot Toys Delorean isn't even going to be that expensive. No one would spend that for a plastic TARDIS. The figures are niche enough, they wouldn't sell enough of these to even break even at that price point.

I built my own a couple of years ago, then developed all the CAD files for a plastic kit version. I never found the time to revisit the wooden one to finish the detailing or the light on top. It ended up at the bottom of a cupboard.
I like the idea of a TARDIS DONE PROPERLY. CO did some cool versions for their 6" range of figures . I bought one (appropriate) for each Doctor. Can't see me doing that in 1:6... Well, maybe...
Anyway. If BC do a good design, it should go flat pack. It will have 3 walls, a base, a lid (designed around a similar concept to the batman HT bases, with light and sound chip), and two doors. Optional insert cyclic images would help differentiate the style of TARDIS. Done this way, it should not be expensive at all.
If it's sold as a big as, fully build vehicle, packaged in an even bigger box... It will be stupid expensive.

I don't want to have to assemble it and I want lights and sound. And I want it NOW!

I think assembly is fine.
The design I put together involved:
1. Place 4 x pillars into base.
2.slide 3 x walls between pillars.
3. Insert chosen background.
4. Slide 2 x doors (location pin to top) into forward pillars.
5. Attach roof.

The whole thing becomes self locking. Saves on postage, packaging and general costs all round.

In mean time, I dragged my old one out. I think I'll finally finish it off.

ld2mq.jpg

I built my own a couple of years ago, then developed all the CAD files for a plastic kit version. I never found the time to revisit the wooden one to finish the detailing or the light on top. It ended up at the bottom of a cupboard.
I like the idea of a TARDIS DONE PROPERLY. CO did some cool versions for their 6" range of figures . I bought one (appropriate) for each Doctor. Can't see me doing that in 1:6... Well, maybe...
Anyway. If BC do a good design, it should go flat pack. It will have 3 walls, a base, a lid (designed around a similar concept to the batman HT bases, with light and sound chip), and two doors. Optional insert cyclic images would help differentiate the style of TARDIS. Done this way, it should not be expensive at all.
If it's sold as a big as, fully build vehicle, packaged in an even bigger box... It will be stupid expensive.

Good point - thinking about it I wouldn't mind a 'flat pack' TARDIS either, especially if it kept the price down.

BCS ought to ask you to advise them!

I think assembly is fine.
The design I put together involved:
1. Place 4 x pillars into base.
2.slide 3 x walls between pillars.
3. Insert chosen background.
4. Slide 2 x doors (location pin to top) into forward pillars.
5. Attach roof.

The whole thing becomes self locking. Saves on postage, packaging and general costs all round.

In mean time, I dragged my old one out. I think I'll finally finish it off.

ld2mq.jpg

A simple and straight forward way to do it and we can all have a 1/6 affordable Tardis, it's just a box after all, I mean really even with working parts, hinges, sounds, lights it still needent cost much more than a decent figure.

No way will it be $1000. The Hot Toys Delorean isn't even going to be that expensive. No one would spend that for a plastic TARDIS. The figures are niche enough, they wouldn't sell enough of these to even break even at that price point.

Trust me, it will be around $1000. This is the one that sold a few years ago. Not as popular a TARDIS as the 10th or 11th Doctor and not Big Chief. https://www.bigbadtoystore.com/bbts/product.aspx?product=ICR10008&mode=retail

Back