Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 11th Doctor 1/6 TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 1/6 TARDIS

Yep, I think this is a want even for casual Dr. Who fans (haven't watched in 20+ years, myself, but it's a very tempting piece to get). If the price/quality ratio is good, I'll pick one up for my wife as a surprise (she has fond memories of the show, and neither of us are attached to any particular Doctor, so this would be a standalone piece). Might have to try and get back into Dr. Who after all these years...

If you do, imho try the 10th Doctor (David Tennant), that's how I got back into show, with the episode 'Blink'.. having not watched it much, after Tom Baker left in 1981.

I thought you weren't building these anymore Tim.

I just gotta say it...
How's it look inside? Perfect for storage, as I'm outta space.

New picture from BCS

10620681_10153397578416002_1304690672894670329_n.jpg

Looking good. Maybe they will sell it elsewhere to create a bigger run and reduce costs? I could see them doing an exclusive for this. Different interior backgrounds for several TARDISES if you order from them or something.

Well it looks like this WON'T be available from U.S. retailers.
I can't imagine what the cost will be ordering directly from BCS.

Well it looks like this WON'T be available from U.S. retailers.
I can't imagine what the cost will be ordering directly from BCS.

Unfortunately, with them loosing the rights to distribute to Canada and the US through retailers, the only way we'll be able to get this is to order directly through them. I wonder if their sale figure are not meeting expectations, or if someone else has scooped up the North America rights for them to loose it.

Unfortunately, with them loosing the rights to distribute to Canada and the US through retailers, the only way we'll be able to get this is to order directly through them. I wonder if their sale figure are not meeting expectations, or if someone else has scooped up the North America rights for them to loose it.

I don't think they 'lost' anything, I believe they choose not to supply the US/Canadian retailers to maximise their own profits as they make more per figure selling direct than through another retailer.

I don't think they 'lost' anything, I believe they choose not to supply the US/Canadian retailers to maximise their own profits as they make more per figure selling direct than through another retailer.

No, that doesn't seem to be the case. Otherwise it would be for upcoming product and wouldn't affect items that have already been sold through NorAm distributors. They are still selling Sherlock items through North American distribs and they stated on their Facebook that Sherlock is not licensed through the BBC and that is why that is possible.

Yeah, it sounds like they are actually having to leave money on the table because they had strong orders for some Who stuff through their distributor, and that's voided.

No, that doesn't seem to be the case. Otherwise it would be for upcoming product and wouldn't affect items that have already been sold through NorAm distributors. They are still selling Sherlock items through North American distribs and they stated on their Facebook that Sherlock is not licensed through the BBC and that is why that is possible.

Yes I am very curious about all this .....have Hot Toys or Enterbay somehow gotten an American license for Who ?

Yes I am very curious about all this .....have Hot Toys or Enterbay somehow gotten an American license for Who ?

"No thats not the case at all, we are the only company with 1:6 scale Doctor Who license." -BCS

Everyone needs to keep in mind, the fan base (esp outside of the UK) willing to spend big bucks on 1/6 Who figures is so comparatively tiny next to things like Marvel or Star Wars. So the world wide market is small yet the R&D and licensing and manufacturing costs remain high, hence the low ed. numbers and higher costs per unit. Combine this with the exchange rate and international shipping and us North Americans feel the pinch on these the way most of the rest of the world feels it with every other figure or statue. Who fans are lucky any figures of this caliber are being made at all. They're making Hartnell - old man action figure from 50 years ago, you really think Hot Toys or Enterbay want to touch making a scant 500 units of that guy or the rest of the classic Doctors?! sheesh. :slap :lol Frankly, if the fans don't buy and BCS gets stuck with a bunch of unsold inventory I bet our chances of ever seeing more Docs released will disappear and leave the 1/6 Who figure line with nope hope for regeneration.

Last edited:
Back