Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 11th Doctor 1/6 TARDIS

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Big Chief Studios - Doctor Who - 1/6 TARDIS

That's not going to work though for different Doctors because the shape, size, color and signage of the Tardis changed significantly. That's like saying they should make a "one-size-fits-all" Batmobile.

75476274fc6d3f6c34ef218cc0ed1cb1.jpg

That's not going to work though for different Doctors because the shape, size, color and signage of the Tardis changed significantly. That's like saying they should make a "one-size-fits-all" Batmobile.

View attachment 128500

Not quite the same - the 66 Batmobile and the Tumbler are very different vehicles - the Tardis is still a police box. Just a personal preference of mine as a casual NuWhoer.

Well as a lifelong WHOvian, I would not display my Tom Baker, for example, with a NuWho Tardis.

Well as a lifelong WHOvian, I would not display my Tom Baker, for example, with a NuWho Tardis.

Ditto. Baker needs to be next to a Newberry. Hartnell needs to be besides his Brachacki box. Nine and Ten by their RTD box and 11 and 12 by their Moffat box. I couldn't do it any other way without it itching in my brain. :lol

call_me_sexy_by_paulhanley-d3kq3ki.jpg

Last edited:

Ditto. Baker needs to be next to a Newberry. Hartnell needs to be besides his Brachacki box. Nine and Ten by their RTD box and 11 and 12 by their Moffat box. I couldn't do it any other way without it itching in my brain. :lol

call_me_sexy_by_paulhanley-d3kq3ki.jpg

Call me crazy, I'll make room for DeLorean and 3 Batmobiles, but 6 Tardi would just use up too much space (and time).

I'm a lifelong Who fan as well, and I still don't care which version they do, just as long as the one they choose they do well, and with best possible accuracy. And at the price range I imagine this is going to hit at, I'll only be buying one, so my 1/6 scale Doctors will have to fight amongst themselves over who gets ownership... :lol

Call me crazy, I'll make room for DeLorean and 3 Batmobiles, but 6 Tardi would just use up too much space (and time).

Yeah thats the rub. But that is one display I would intend to rotate anyway. One Doctor a month with his Police Box. :)

The viewing figures for Dr Who vary from 6-10 million and in all honesty I would think there is only a very small fraction of those that would know the difference between one or the other when it comes to the Tardis from the outside and I think the Tardis is the kind of thing that will sell to those that don't necessarily collect figures but just as a collectable piece so the choice of which they decide to make shoud be the most visually appealing.

This probably could do with a poll.

At this stage, obviously, the most likely think for BCS to do is produce the version of the TARDIS seen in the show right now. Hopefully they are able to produce it and it sells well. That is about as far as I am willing to hope at the moment.

I would think, for reasons of re-use, that we'll see at least all the NuWho versions of the TARDIS. The dimensions are relatively the same, and just with some color and parts swapping you could make all three. I think that'd make the most sense financially, too. I actually think it'd be kind of revolutionary for them to offer all three at the same time. If they could get their factory to run them as one run because the paint/details swaps could be minor, then they could potentially save a lot of cost by ganging them all together, and fans could pick their police box or buy all three in one go! I know I'm really only going to need one.

Like I said before, the color of Capaldi's is not my favorite, but it might grow on me, if that's the one they go with.

They should make it an unpainted kit so that we can make it whichever version we want. Just include the appropriate sticker pack for Matt Smith's/Capaldi's.

They should make it an unpainted kit so that we can make it whichever version we want. Just include the appropriate sticker pack for Matt Smith's/Capaldi's.

Forget that, I don't wanna have to paint my own :lol

We're getting a 1/6 Tardis... let the arguments about which Tardis it should be begin!

Oh wait... they've already started...

Nah, no arguements. It will be the current version. No doubts. I wish it were the Hartnell version though. :monkey3

Is Capaldi's different from Matt's? It looks the same to me.

Yeah, it's a brighter blue. But, actually, looking at more pics of it, I kind of like the hue. Some pictures I'd seen made it look REALLY bright, but that must have been the lighting.

52e7c6395b3e9.jpg

The argument is that I want light-up inserts for interiors for multiple Tardis from different eras. But others are saying that if it's the current Tardis, having an interior from 4 or from Tenant wouldn't be acceptable.

The argument is that I want light-up inserts for interiors for multiple Tardis from different eras. But others are saying that if it's the current Tardis, having an interior from 4 or from Tenant wouldn't be acceptable.

As long as it included the "correct" insert, I wouldn't care what other inserts came with it.

Of course I just picked up a 1/6 TARDIS off of eBay last week! LOL But the price was too good to pass up. It's a static TARDIS (door doesn't open, no lights or sound), but I wouldn't be playing with it anyway (a bit bummed about the door not opening though). Nice thing is that it's fully made of wood. From the Tennant era - pic below. Thing is massive! I had no concept as to how big it was until it was in my hands. Depending on the price of the BCS version, this may end up back on eBay though :)

$_57.JPG

Back