Anyone ever sued a doctor?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
What I'm reading is that your dentist misdiagnosed an allergy which neither of you were aware you had, and then mistreated it. Can misdiagnosis be prosecuted? It certainly sounds like he should have known that a reaction to your filings was a possibility, and one at the top of the list.

They last twice as long as composite filled teeth. BOOOOOM.. facts.
l

Wrong. The FILLINGS last longer, but the teeth do not. The more you conserve of the natural tooth material, the longer the TOOTH will last. Composites don't require as much tooth material to be removed. facts.

Mercury is poisonous to everyone, like lead or arsenic. Mercury is more toxic than lead and less toxic than arsenic.

If I have mercury poisoning, it's from all the Lake Erie perch I've eating since I was a kid. :lol

It's from both the fish and the fillings. Didn't you have dental problems months ago needing extraction or root canal, and weren't those amalgam filled teeth?

The smaller the cavity, the less tooth material must be removed for a filling, and so the stronger the tooth is, and the more that the nerve of the tooth can deal with stress over time. The bigger the filling, the more tooth material is lost and so the more vulnerable the nerve of the tooth is to dying and needing root canal or extraction.

Composite fillings require less tooth material removal, like when there is a smaller cavity, and so the tooth itself, the nerve, lasts longer than an amalgam filling tooth does.
Any knowledgeable dentist can tell you that.
I read a book called Tooth Truth, written by a dentist, and I always asked my dentist questions about things.
He didn't use amalgams in his practice since composites came out, because he stayed on top of the tech, and that was 20 years ago he stopped.
The idea that any dentist is using amalgams in their practice nowadays, knowing about conserving tooth material, is unbelievable, at least in the U.S.

What I'm reading is that your dentist misdiagnosed an allergy which neither of you were aware you had, and then mistreated it. Can misdiagnosis be prosecuted? It certainly sounds like he should have known that a reaction to your filings was a possibility, and one at the top of the list.

^^This. This isn't about the use of mercury filings (if they're still permitted). People have allergic reactions to products every day- shampoo, lotion, aspirin. It's called an idiosyncratic reaction. The manufacturer is not held to be responsible to test products on every single person who may have some isolated allergic reaction. And so it's not the use of mercury because there really is nothing wrong w/ the filing. They did what they're designed to do. And it's not the allergy since neither the patient nor the doctor knew of it.

But this does seem to be a real bad case of negligence in the form of a repeated misdiagnosis. I'd argue that a reasonable dentist would have identified the problem quickly. And if I read correctly, he original dentist never ID'd the problem.

Before you see an atty, gather up ALL your documents from your dealings w/ this dentist. Receipts, phone records, any paperwork whatsoever. The atty will want to see this. Also, make a timeline of your whole ordeal. Every time you called, when, who you spoke to, what he/she said, medication taken, every visit. A timeline is very helpful. Check the net and do a quick search on they dentist. See if he has any other complaints/suits against him. Check to see if his license is still valid. Was it every revoked? Why? Any disciplinary action by the ADA? Any violations in the health code for running a dentist office? That kind of quick search.

After you tell the atty all this, he/she will be salivating for a new client because plaintiffs work is actually VERY VERY competitive. Then ask if they're willing to negotiate the fee. Attys generally want 1/3 which can take a pretty big bite out of anything you might get. Shop around. Tell him/her your speaking to other attys for the case. But you're not interested in 1/3. I'm kind of assuming you're not in the sticks somewhere.

Yeah.. but at levels no one will ever be exposed to with amalgam fillings. :lol

l
The OP is proof that that isn't true. If amalgam fillings didn't actually leak any mercury, he wouldn't have anything to be allergic to. He is proof that amalgam fillings leak mercury in significant amounts.

Amounts significant enough to harm human health. So he is ESPECIALLY susceptible. That doesn't mean that everyone else isn't being affected.
Just because you don't become conscious of any symptoms doesn't mean you aren't being poisoned. A lot of poisons are like that. A lot of diseases are like that. Just because you never noticed you had a disease developing doesn't mean that one day you had no disease and the day you went to your doctor and got a diagnosis you had one.

The OP proves that mercury leaks out of amalgam fillings, and mercury is known to be poisonous. That is all you need to know to realize that amalgam fillings are poisonous to people. How much you care about how much poison that is depends upon how much you care about your health.

If you knew enough, you would realize that there are a lot of things that you can't control that cause disease in the body, and so it is only smart to eliminate those things that you can, because they all ADD UP. Extend the logic.

Every toxin burdens the immune system. If you eliminate the toxins you can, you might have low enough toxicity so that you can handle all off the toxins you can't eliminate. In any case, your overall health will be better if you eliminate toxins you can. The first thing that low health causes is lack of energy, being more tired, being tired more easily. Is it just from aging or is it from toxins affecting your body over time?

Did you have as much energy and clarity after your first amalgam filling as you did before that filling? Did you just chalk up that change in energy to the passage of time and getting older? How would you know the difference? If you are 10, and you feel a bit less energy at 11, you might assume its because you are becoming more mature.

Bottom line, mercury isn't completely safe for anyone and if you care enough about your health, you will do what you can to reduce your exposure.

If you don't care about your health, you won't care and then when you do get disease, you will say doctor, fix me, fix me, when you could have avoided that disease by being healthy. Then when the doctor can't fix you, you say, it happens to everyone(all the people who treat their health like you do) and then you accept your condition. Maybe you demand that someone find a cure for a disease that you could have prevented, but didn't because you lacked the knowledge or willpower or self control. Maybe you accept your disease as normal and you get a lot of sympathy from others who think it's a bad break as if you did nothing to cause it, because they believe they do nothing to cause it, but one day it will probably happen to them, too.

I figure it's too late for me anyway. We used to play with mercury in science class as kids and all these years of toxic fish, you could shove me up The Hulk's ass and take his temperature with me.

:D

I figure it's too late for me anyway. We used to play with mercury in science class as kids and all these years of toxic fish, you could shove me up The Hulk's ass and take his temperature with me.

:D

Hulk no like Ween up butt.
hulksmash-pagespeed-ce-7nsmitbwfu.gif

It'll be an uphill battle - it's my understanding that doctors win about 80 percent of their cases. I hope you find relief. Good luck!

It depends too on how much he's going for. Sometimes the doc's insurance will pay it off without a fight, or make a deal.

I was eating milk duds for the first time in about 20 years and thought of this thread.

Deckard, how the hell are your teef, bro. What became of this situation.

Back