What to do with PF Ms. Marvel EX

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have had 0 problem with USPS filing a claim. What I did was simply go online file a claim as long as you paid for insurance then explain what happened and take pics. Your box is beat up and its stamped fragile all over it its unacceptable. They ask some questions about packaging and you provide proof of value (ebay sale form/paypal receipt) thats it. You get sent a check in about 3-4 weeks after a claim is handled and usually takes 1 week for the claim to be decided. When I sell on ebay (for statues etc.) I offer no returns but fully insure because USPS is good with stuff like that not to mention how people switch out statues or break them on accident taking them out or w/e. Oh and they don't want the item back you keep it. AT THE WORST they will pay not the value of the item but the value for a repair.

Usps most likely will not admit fault to that image provided.
I suggest you either damage the box more or just leave it as is.

Usps has one of the worst customer service and to get damaged refund would probably take months.
I tried getting my money back after usps severely damaged my statue and they kept telling me to contact this department, contact this manager, contact this location and blah blah blah and in the end I gave up cause they were still "processing" after 2 months...

I love using fedex or ups to ship my stuff though!

GL with your transaction, hell I'll buy it off you if you want.
But it seems to be a simple quick fix and I'm pretty sure you can easily glue them back on and keep it in your collection

Exactly, the point is to take as long as possible to make you give up. My claim was fully insured and it took 7 months of calling them about 30 times just to get switch out from he said, she said. Then they said it was not their fault because the box was not best up enough for the statue to get damage inside. They said even if it's fully insured they can still turn it down. I've talked to at least 5 managers on and off. Most was so rude just giving me the turn around. I would never use them for statues again. I had the same claim with ups from buying a statue. It was so simple no issues at all for a refund. Btw the box was mint. The statue had a tiny crack in the arm. The seller got it all taken care of with no issues excepting waiting a month. Simple compared to usps claims.

I love using fedex or ups to ship my stuff though!

I use ups for my larger packages and never had a problem, but as i found out on this deal, they don't like sending packages to PO. Boxes. So I just went with usps option. Worst mistake. I learned a lot of lessons on this deal. Never ship to p.o. boxes, never use usps, probably never sell something this fragile and costly on ebay.

And what really annoys me the most is a couple of hours after i initially listed this piece on ebay, I was offered $800 to sell it privately. I though it was fair price, because after ebay/paypal/shipping fees I planned on making just a bit more than that. So I countered $850 to cover paypal/shipping fees. Guy said he couldn't do it. Of course, with 2 days left and a couple of bids on the auction, he decided to do the $850. The sap that I am, I figured I'd just honor my contract with ebay and the bidders of the auction and do "the right thing" and not cancel the auction. Another lesson learned!

this sucks, Ms Marvel is a beautiful statue and had been on my to get list forever, in the end had to sell some Hot toys to counter the ever rising prices
Im from India, and was not able to find a seller who would ship it to India cos of the risk and if willing wouldnt declare low value, cos i would have ended up paying another 400$ in customs alone, In the end found a seller from Turkey willing to declare low value,, never had a more tense time waiting for a statue to arrive cos of the money and risk involved,, was finally relieved to get her in one piece...
there was a small prob wit it though , the yellow paint on her chest seems to have a bit of cracking starting, will it get worse?

Had a similar situation happen with a Madam Hydra EX a couple of years ago. In that case the buyer really couldn't afford it so he pointed out an insignificant little nick on the glove arm and said it was damaged. I agreed to take it back even though it was not an ebay purchase and I could have told him to go fly a kite, but when the knucklehead shipped it back he mispacked it and the friggin neck broke. Even though it was insured when I filed a claim with USPS, provided photos and brought in the statue so they could examine it ended up being simply an exercise in frustration. The insurance is worthless. It would be interesting to know if there are some stats on just how many claims they pay out, because my guess is it's next to nothing and offering the coverage is basically another revenue stream. The other thing is I doubt they would ever give you what it's worth. I think the EXs go for $800-$1000 or so. USPS will ask you to provide proof of value which would either be in the form of an appraisal or a receipt. I don't think what these "sell for on ebay" is going to cut it. So I think best case you will get the original Sideshow retail price. If you used FEDEX they are much better. I had to file a claim and they paid the amount I'd insured the piece for with very little hemming and hawing.

You should be able to sell for original SS price. If you don't get any offers shoot me a PM.

As for M. Hydra the statue is still in storage. At some point I'll either repair, sell or convert just never decided.

Had a similar situation happen with a Madam Hydra EX a couple of years ago. In that case the buyer really couldn't afford it so he pointed out an insignificant little nick on the glove arm and said it was damaged. I agreed to take it back even though it was not an ebay purchase and I could have told him to go fly a kite, but when the knucklehead shipped it back he mispacked it and the friggin neck broke. Even though it was insured when I filed a claim with USPS, provided photos and brought in the statue so they could examine it ended up being simply an exercise in frustration. The insurance is worthless. It would be interesting to know if there are some stats on just how many claims they pay out, because my guess is it's next to nothing and offering the coverage is basically another revenue stream. The other thing is I doubt they would ever give you what it's worth. I think the EXs go for $800-$1000 or so. USPS will ask you to provide proof of value which would either be in the form of an appraisal or a receipt. I don't think what these "sell for on ebay" is going to cut it. So I think best case you will get the original Sideshow retail price. If you used FEDEX they are much better. I had to file a claim and they paid the amount I'd insured the piece for with very little hemming and hawing.

You should be able to sell for original SS price. If you don't get any offers shoot me a PM.

As for M. Hydra the statue is still in storage. At some point I'll either repair, sell or convert just never decided.

Ill buy that too :lol

I had a terrible claim issue with ups and I can't vouch they r any better. Took forever and in the end it all came down that the statue wasn't packaged by them so they only offered about 25 percent of the cost. The store owner offered me the other 25 percent from his personal account. Bad experience and it definitely opened my eyes. I concluded between all the fees, **** collectors and shady insurance selling just isn't worth it anymore. I dread the process. So high risk

Well, USPS claim was denied. Reason being damage on the art box wasn't supposively consistent with where the statue was damaged (even though shipper looked beat to crap). Also because I didnt reseal the tape around the styrofoam insert, item wasnt properly packed. Ugh!!!

Well, USPS claim was denied. Reason being damage on the art box wasn't supposively consistent with where the statue was damaged (even though shipper looked beat to crap). Also because I didnt reseal the tape around the styrofoam insert, item wasnt properly packed. Ugh!!!

That sucks. These guys always come up with some excuse to deny a claim.

The damage looks to me like it could be fixed. There are guys on the Boards here that could probably do it for you...maybe try sending a PM to rrjrstatueman (Raphael Robledo Jr).

I had a terrible claim issue with ups and I can't vouch they r any better. Took forever and in the end it all came down that the statue wasn't packaged by them so they only offered about 25 percent of the cost. The store owner offered me the other 25 percent from his personal account. Bad experience and it definitely opened my eyes. I concluded between all the fees, **** collectors and shady insurance selling just isn't worth it anymore. I dread the process. So high risk

UPS are the ones that damaged my Thor EX in transit, and that was the excuse they used to deny my claim. Like they could package it better than the original manufacturer's packaging?

Back