Original, Unaltered Cut Of Star Wars Trilogy To Be Released On Blu-ray By Disney?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have the DVD copies.. I think I'll have to live with those, I dont see this happening anytime soon.

I was in that shot too!!!

MuFItEP.jpg

:lol:rotfl

It's funny how the OT gets all of the attention, when it comes to The Mad King Lucas slaughtering his children. He already succeeded with Young Indiana Jones. I didn't even know about the old Indy bookends until I researched it and discovered that he went through and re-edited the show into feature length movies and cut out the Old Indy stuff. The irony of them saying they "hope teachers can use these DVDs to get kids interested in history," while the DVDs themselves are a corruption of it. I have no problem with director's cuts or re-edits, or anything of the sort, but, at least give people the option of having the originals.

I can totally understand why the OT gets more attention than that show, but it seems like Lucas' BS goes back even further than the OT SEs.

Gareth Edwards confirmed that Disney has a brand new 4K print of the original Star Wars. Now whether that's the original *theatrical* Star Wars or George's updated cut from 2011 is anyone's guess at this point.

I'm thinking about getting Harmy's... so you know Disney's release is imminent.

I downloaded the 8gb version last night and its wonderful. So many little things I had forgotten about but immediately jumped out at me as the authentic version I grew up with.

This will never happen. I would bet a lot that Lucas made it a stipulation in the contract when Disney purchased Lucasfilm. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that he never wanted the original versions to see the light of day.

I'm thinking about getting Harmy's... so you know Disney's release is imminent.

That's fine. There's no guarantee that Disney's restoration would be as good as Harmy's anyway.

This will never happen. I would bet a lot that Lucas made it a stipulation in the contract when Disney purchased Lucasfilm. I'm pretty sure I remember him saying that he never wanted the original versions to see the light of day.

For $4 billion Disney would have allowed no such stipulation.

Is Harmy's edit really all that and a bag of doritos?

I watched the "making of" thing on his YouTube channel, and wasn't impressed with the quality of that so I figured his rips were just okay.

Is Harmy's edit really all that and a bag of doritos?

I watched the "making of" thing on his YouTube channel, and wasn't impressed with the quality of that so I figured his rips were just okay.

That's what everyone says.. I've never seen them but they way people talk about them its like they are the most perfect thing ever released by any human being.

That's what everyone says.. I've never seen them but they way people talk about them its like they are the most perfect thing ever released by any human being.

My thinking as well.

I'll have to watch his ESB cut and decide.

Back