Threezero - Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (2014) - 1/6 Collectible Figures

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I grew up watching the 1990 film and have seen it long after it was originally released. Sure, it's looks dated now with it only using set effects and no CGI. However the Turtles looked like that in the animated cartoon, they certainly weren't 6'5" with all this armour and clothing that is depicted in the new film.

I haven't seen the movie, so I don't know what it's like, but I do find it hard to compare films made 24 years apart. If nothing else this movie should be a CGI spectacle.

I think everyone is remembering the first movie a little too fondly. It was ok and maybe better then this current one but it was not all that great.
Speak for yourself. :lol

I rate the first film very favourably, & have watched it many times in recent years.

All these revamp sympathizers are so quick to dismiss the first film that STILL kicks this garbage movie's arse to this day. :duff

I watched the 1990 film recently after not having seen it for something like over 10 years and was surprised by how enjoyable it was. It's made in the best tradition of 80's films, it's fun and despite being short it does enough to actually make you care for the characters, something that is so often not found in modern films. I was amazed by the suits and how well they looked on screen. Not for a moment did I think about the fact that they're just guys in rubber masks. It's also surprising how much ass-kicking they were able to do while wearing these things. The fight scenes are well choreographed. All in all I think it stands the test of time well.

I haven't seen the new one yet so can't say how it compares.

I watched the 1990 film recently after not having seen it for something like over 10 years and was surprised by how enjoyable it was. It's made in the best tradition of 80's films, it's fun and despite being short it does enough to actually make you care for the characters, something that is so often not found in modern films. I was amazed by the suits and how well they looked on screen. Not for a moment did I think about the fact that they're just guys in rubber masks. It's also surprising how much ass-kicking they were able to do while wearing these things. The fight scenes are well choreographed. All in all I think it stands the test of time well.

I haven't seen the new one yet so can't say how it compares.

The only thing that really dates it is the fashion and the score. But you can't really get away from that. Still a great flick and it really does hold up.

keeping my eye on this and waiting for any news to happen.
this girl needs a badass Raph on her shelf as soon as possible :wink1:

Speak for yourself. :lol

I rate the first film very favourably, & have watched it many times in recent years.

All these revamp sympathizers are so quick to dismiss the first film that STILL kicks this garbage movie's arse to this day. :duff
Its the only one I like. Its actually kinda dark in a lot of scenes. Its great.

The first Turtles movie is still the best. It's such a great TMNT entertainment.
I went to see the recent one last week at the cinema. It was good fun and I enjoyed it. Did I like it better than the original? No. Actually it made me want to go home and flip on the original BD .
My mate thought the same. He told his kid that he had to see the original, so I'm giving it to him when I get to work on Monday.

I would really only want Mikey and Raph, but if you're getting two you might as well get the whole team. I like the turtles but I don't know if it's enough to spend $800.

Its the only one I like. Its actually kinda dark in a lot of scenes. Its great.

The first Turtles movie is still the best. It's such a great TMNT entertainment.
I went to see the recent one last week at the cinema. It was good fun and I enjoyed it. Did I like it better than the original? No. Actually it made me want to go home and flip on the original BD .
My mate thought the same. He told his kid that he had to see the original, so I'm giving it to him when I get to work on Monday.

:hi5: It's tough to beat - for good reason.

The new one's already pretty much forgotten. :lol

That first turtle movie is only hard to beat because of your nostalgia clouded memories of it. it's easy to impress kids. ;)

I could've done without April being involved in the turtles origins and her stupid reporter tag-a-long, but the new movie was actually pretty good. Shredder and Splinter were both cool.

That first turtle movie is only hard to beat because of your nostalgia clouded memories of it. it's easy to impress kids. ;)

It was a good movie tho....... it portrayed the turtles very well. Its a comic clasic imo

I got to say the new Turtles movie is probably the best of them i love the comic and after recently watching the older movies i hate to admit it but it is the better.
Turtles 2 was so bad i could not finish watching it and 3 was better than i remembered.

It was a passable kids movie. A classic to those under the age of 13 years old. Lol

Haha those under the age of 13 wouldn't even know about 1990 or enjoy it. 1990 had dark mood of the comics mixed with the 80s cartoon. Not to mention the suits look better that the cgi 2014 turtles. Come on now. The movie isn't perfect but it gave you that turtles feel.

Back