1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

This arkham joker pic was teased or shown ages ago not new but here's all i found looking for any more info. Pretty damn sure Mr j should be coming some time.

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Deathstroke was in Origins not City...

Deathstroke was in the Arkham City: Lockdown came for iPads and such. But he was wearing his more traditional comic book uniform.

Deluded 'earth is flat' babbling - nothing much. :lol

Ummm, the earth is an oblate spheroid....

Not sure where you got the infirmation of the earth being flat...

The rubber suit is killing me.
I really want this figure,but I'm not sure if I want to risk it....

The rubber suit is killing me.
I really want this figure,but I'm not sure if I want to risk it....

Risk it. With proper display practices there is nothing to fear.

In my own personal dream world, where I had billions of dollars and lived with 11 of my favorite supermodels, as far as this line goes, I'd want:

Forget the Hot Toys, let's talk about supermodels! Why 11? Which 11?

Oh deary me.

funny.gif

Man I was hoping he'd come with a stand like the cool, stylized one the VGM 17 MGR: R Raiden was getting...oh well.

Still looking good though

What I worry about is the fact that he won't be anything more than a glorified statue. Keaton batman's articulation was pretty much useless due to the rubber making him a statue. Most of his accessories are pointless since he couldn't use them properly. Hot Toys is good at forcing figures into nice poses in proto pics, but I wonder if he will be nothing more than a statue like Keaton is. Even if you can put him into those poses, you will inevitably wear down the joints, as well as the rubber which is unavoidable on a figure like this. I wish Hot Toys would make rubber free version for people who like to pose their figures and not have to worry about wear and tear of rubber.

Well, I finally got around to preordering this one. Bring on the Joker!

Damn. If this thing gets moved up to December, I don't think I could make it what with Raiden and Cap coming around the same time. :(

What I worry about is the fact that he won't be anything more than a glorified statue. Keaton batman's articulation was pretty much useless due to the rubber making him a statue. Most of his accessories are pointless since he couldn't use them properly. Hot Toys is good at forcing figures into nice poses in proto pics, but I wonder if he will be nothing more than a statue like Keaton is. Even if you can put him into those poses, you will inevitably wear down the joints, as well as the rubber which is unavoidable on a figure like this. I wish Hot Toys would make rubber free version for people who like to pose their figures and not have to worry about wear and tear of rubber.

Yup, thank you. Posing rubber suited figure leads to rubber stressing and cracking. Glad someone agrees. Sadly this figure is one that I will not risk posing, simply setting him on the stand with an accessory in his hand.

Keaton batman's articulation was pretty much useless due to the rubber making him a statue.

That seems very realistic and true to the film then.

I'd rather have a figure made of rubber that restricts pose-ability than the figure simply not exist at all.

I never pose my figures in anything but neutral/normal poses anyway - once you start putting them in 'action poses' or 'shooting poses' I kind of feel that they lose their high ended-ness and start looking more toy-like.

A neutral pose can look just fine:

Last edited:

Forget the Hot Toys, let's talk about supermodels! Why 11? Which 11?

1.) I liked the ring of it. It just sounded better in a sentence.

2.) I have no idea. I'd have to think about it, and, honestly, I probably find more actresses attractive than models. Again, though, it just sounded better, and it helped emphasize the fact that I know none of those things are happenin'.

Very realistic and true to the film then.

Yup exactly you don't see Keaton crouching or doing some crazy ass moves... I'm sure the Arkham City one will have a little more mobility if not... I will just get a cloth suit made then...

Damn. If this thing gets moved up to December, I don't think I could make it what with Raiden and Cap coming around the same time. :(

I doubt this is coming in December. It just can't be. I also have Raiden on PO, and as it is right now, I'd choose him ! (NRD doesn't help either).

But he looks better overall.

That seems very realistic and true to the film then.

I'd rather have a figure made of rubber that restricts pose-ability than the figure simply not exist at all.

I never pose my figures in anything but neutral/normal poses anyway - once you start putting them in 'action poses' or 'shooting poses' I kind of feel that they lose their high ended-ness and start looking more toy-like.

A neutral pose can look just fine:

EB Bats owns. What a fantastic looking fig.

Back