1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

Abandon thread !:ignore::ignore::ignore: THE TROLL!

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I kind of like the look of the ASM2 figure. The accessories, on the other hand....

The MoS and ASM suits are the same material? Spidey looks atrocious - the way the suit behaves in dynamic poses is the single biggest reason everyone is cancelling their POs.
I have the MOS figure but I haven't seen the ASM figure first hand. I thought the material looked similar in pics. My mistake if it's different. I change my statement to just the MOS suit material then.

I have not broken no rules. I have not been disruptive or trolling. Simply defending my opinion of which people seem to dismiss the clear and factual evidence that I presented to reinforce my opinion of which this figure should be perfectly fine if shipped and displayed in the proper ways.

Therefore I am done defending my opinion, as I have shown most that this rubber issue is the collectors fault, until I have been proven wrong otherwise...
good day to you all

The most fail I have ever read here on sideshow freaks.

I kind of like the look of the ASM2 figure. The accessories, on the other hand....

The more comic-inspired look of the suit is great, but the execution on the proto was appalling - anything other than a museum pose would have the material bunch up in a way that betrayed its 1/6 scale. There is some hope that HT might change the material given the poor response from collectors, but they might simply keep it the way it is. I can't comment on the accessories because I haven't seen the movie yet... or ever.

I have the MOS figure but I haven't seen the ASM figure first hand. I thought the material looked similar in pics. My mistake if it's different. I change my statement to just the MOS suit material then.

I haven't kept up with how the MoS figure is going down with fans, but the feeling seems to be that people are happy with the suit material? The only grumblings I heard re: the figure were about the size being larger than people would've liked, but the figure seems to pose well in that suit from the pics I've seen. Certainly a lot better than how this Bats is looking in the proto pics.

I think this HT Arkham bats suit looks great in the sense it looks pretty much like Bats in the game, but pose-ability will probably mimic that of the DX09 = nada. Durability of the material, however, is still a big question mark...though the Keaton Bats' suit has been holding up well (and long may that continue).

Hope that this'll sell well, so as to convince HT to do the Arkham Origins Bats figure too! :pray:

I think this HT Arkham bats suit looks great in the sense it looks pretty much like Bats in the game, but pose-ability will probably mimic that of the DX09 = nada. Durability of the material, however, is still a big question mark...though the Keaton Bats' suit has been holding up well (and long may that continue).

Hope that this'll sell well, so as to convince HT to do the Arkham Origins Bats figure too! :pray:

That would be cool.

I think I will take my chance with this figure.
Yeah the figure it self not perfect, but from my brief experience, this forum will help a so-so figure to a masterpiece.
With tony's cape and some other freaks mods., I think this figure will rock!!, but then I still hope HT improve their rubber material. :pray:

Indeed it is. The blood splatter and everything around it was done in photoshop.

Oh wow, that legit looked like some promo art. Other than the fat layer on his side lol. I'm almost definite HTs knows what they're doing with this rubber so I have complete faith in them. Maybe won't last as long as the non rubber figs, but I'm sure much longer than their older rubber figs.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Well you're wrong. You haven't shown jack. You weren't here in 2006, 2009, 2011, etc. when these boards were teeming with collectors that had issues with the rubber on their figures. If you can't find the numerous threads of discussion on these damages, you're not looking hard enough. ED-209 was the first one, EVERYONE's ED suffered from cracking and deterioration no matter what they did. DX 02 Batman was the next big issue people had with their rubber suits where the rubber was actually reacting and secreting oil that melted through the abs. This was so widespread that the first batch was done away with and Hot Toys made a second that has hard plastic abs instead. Are you seriously trying to claim that this was the fault of collectors?

This is Hot Toys doing from their lack of quality control,

View attachment 128264
View attachment 128265
View attachment 128266
View attachment 128267
View attachment 128268
View attachment 128269
View attachment 128270
View attachment 128271
View attachment 128273
View attachment 128274

This is from a collector mishandling their figures,

View attachment 128272

Get it straight.

Oh look. all the rubber cracks are around points of stress like the knees, elbows, or stomach. Thank you for proving my point, rubber will crack if you pose your figures in action poses.

Aside from the ed209? which was hot toys fault, and dx02 rubber body, the other figures are from display flaws.

I appreciate you helping me prove my point.

Ok fellas, I think we've had clog up the thread with gifs and pics for now :lol

Lets get back to discussing bout Batman AC figure shall we :wave

Oh look. all the rubber cracks are around points of stress like the knees, elbows, or stomach. Thank you for proving my point, rubber will crack if you pose your figures in action poses.

Aside from the ed209? which was hot toys fault, and dx02 rubber body, the other figures are from display flaws.

I appreciate you helping me prove my point.

And Comedian (just like DX 02, the rubber components reacted and melted the back) and the Martian from Mars Attacks (whose arms have since been discolored, cracked and fade without ever being touched or posed). There's also the Toy Fairs Batman with the peeling suit and detoirating ankles. Was that the fault of collectors too?

You're full of **** bro. If you get this figure, I hope it melts before your very eyes and you log on here crying about how you didn't pose it, touch it, and kept it in an air conditioned, sealed acrylic case so we can point our fingers at you and laugh. Everyone else's Arkham Batman can be fine and free of QC though. Then we can blame huskie for misuse.

Last edited:

Ok fellas, I think we've had clog up the thread with gifs and pics for now :lol

Lets get back to discussing bout Batman AC figure shall we :wave

Very good idea... sorry it was just to perfect.

And Comedian (just like DX 02, the rubber components reacted and melted the back) and the Martian from Mars Attacks (whose arms have since been discolored, cracked and fade without ever being touched or posed). There's also the Toy Fairs Batman with the peeling suit and detoirating ankles. Was that the fault of collectors too?

You're full of **** bro. If you get this figure, I hope it melts before your very eyes and you log on here crying about how you didn't pose it, touch it, and kept it in an air conditioned, sealed acrylic case so we can point out fingers at you and laugh. Everyone else's Arkham Batman can be fine and free of QC though. Then we can blame huskie for misuse.

I hope it's just his. I really want this, and I would prefer he not turn into Batman from The Walking Dead.

EDIT: that's a big "reading comprehension" fail on my pat. You da man, DiFabio.

Last edited:

I hope it's just his. I really want this, and I would prefer he not turn into Batman from The Walking Dead.

Since I know how to handle collectibles, my figure will be awesome.

Since I know how to handle collectibles, my figure will be awesome.

Your exceptional handling of the figure is irrelevant if it came botched in the first place. And I'm pretty sure u'll get a good kick up the hind if you post that sentence at the ED-209 thread.

All everyone is saying is, HT's QC record has never been perfect and it is wise to be wary of that before purchase.

You're full of **** bro. If you get this figure, I hope it melts before your very eyes and you log on here crying about how you didn't pose it, touch it, and kept it in an air conditioned, sealed acrylic case so we can point our fingers at you and laugh. Everyone else's Arkham Batman can be fine and free of QC though. Then we can blame huskie for misuse.

You wanna hurt me? Go right ahead if it makes you feel any better. I’m an easy target. Yeah, you’re right, I talk too much. I also listen too much. I could be a cold-hearted cynic like you… but I don’t like to hurt people’s feelings. Well, you think what you want about me; I’m not changing. I like… I like me. My wife likes me. My friends like me. ‘Cause I’m the real article. What you see is what you get.

Back