1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

One question if any one knows. Is the cracking rubber issue something that happens quick say first 3-5 years or more long term like 10 years? I could proably deal with getting a solid 10 years out of something at this price but to have it break down after 3 or so would really suck.

Thanks guys

The HT Comedian broke down almost IMMEDIATELY out of the box. Even newer items like the ED209 that haven't been out for more than a year have already cracked like a mofo

Re: 1/6 Hot Toys - VGM18 - Batman: Arkham City: Batman Collectible Figure (Specs + Pi

I think I am gonna pass on Beyoncé thighed bats

Had to do it lol
y9u2abyd.jpg

https://youtu.be/-Ibj2kH2DNc

Too funny, be careful a fellow member reported me because of this post lol

Is it me or this Bats short a few accessories? I haven't played the game in a while but it seems he had more gadgets than this. :dunno

Is it me or this Bats short a few accessories? I haven't played the game in a while but it seems he had more gadgets than this. :dunno
It's missing a handful which is a shame because they're all small accessories that they would have no problem throwing in. It's missing the Sonic Batarang, Smoke Pellet, Electrical Charge Gun, Cryptograpic Sequencer, Freeze Blast and the Remote Control Batarang.

14936425862_b79034cd97_b.jpg

final-render.png

Last edited:

It's missing a handful which is a shame because they're all small accessories that they would have no problem throwing in. It's missing the Sonic Batarang, Smoke Pellet, Electrical Charge Gun, Cryptograpic Sequencer, Freeze Blast and the Remote Control Batarang.

14750086338_274c690246_b.jpg

AC_Cryptograpic_Sequencer_V2.jpg

am39ti.jpg

f1jib8.jpg

2uzr14w.jpg

2ak04xz.jpg

final-render.png

Maybe theyll wise up and add some. Its not til April. They added two to Groot.

It works in the pic because its tight fitting and really shows his physique

The HT one have flabby and thick suit, giving him an unpleasant aesthetic overall:

10484435_10152244309587344_384493911682102352_o.jpg

10530559_10152244309472344_2144126491709589702_o.jpg

His suit, abs area do not bunch up like that in the game, its like a tight fitting, body compressing suit:

BM7.jpg

Batman-Arkham-City-Screenshot.jpg

BatmanArkhamCity_276_BMPunch3.jpg

To me, it looks like a real suit someone is wearing. The games suit isnt realistic. Maybe theyll do a statue thats better, but for now i think it looks great.

As much as I would've liked to have all these extra gadgets for accessories, remember, it's not a DX figure. If it were, then we could expect all these accessories and more. I honestly think this fits the amount of average accessories to the standard HT figure. As to them adding the potted groot, I believe it was just a move to get the rocket and groot 2 pack to sell more. Not to mention, it would mean that HT was the first to make a potted groot item after the storm of people asking for any marketing company to make one.

I absolutely love this figure and I would love to order it because Arkham City is probably my favorite video game of all-time. But you guys are freaking me out with all this talk of rubber cracking. I have never bought a high end sixth scale figure from HT or any company for that matter. I generally stick to PF's and other statues so if I go with this it would be my first. But if these rubber issues are true I may be passing on this one.

The more I looked at this and the rubber problems, I cancelled. The Sideshow Batman is leaps and bounds above this, imo.

The only reason Groot came with the additional ill' Groot in pot is because either A. Hot Toys and Marvel/Disney didn't want to spoil that great moment in the movie or B. Hot Toys didn't know about it until it opened and figured they could put it together fast before production to sweeten the deal from a audience favorite moment.

Hot Toys have known about those other gadgets for 3 years now. They're not adding in jack. Groot is the exception, not the rule.

The lack of gear has me concerned about Returns Batman. There ain't much he can come with, so if there's no Keaton Bruce Wayne head with torn cowl or glider wings, I'm passing. They could have included all those little do-dads to this Arkham Batman with ease. The accessories are small and doable, DX or not. DX has never been about the gear.

He looks fantastic, here. I do think his legs could be slimmed down a bit, but his upper body looks great:

14936425862_b79034cd97_b.jpg

final-render.png

Maybe theyll wise up and add some. Its not til April. They added two to Groot.

As much as I would've liked to have all these extra gadgets for accessories, remember, it's not a DX figure. If it were, then we could expect all these accessories and more. I honestly think this fits the amount of average accessories to the standard HT figure. As to them adding the potted groot, I believe it was just a move to get the rocket and groot 2 pack to sell more. Not to mention, it would mean that HT was the first to make a potted groot item after the storm of people asking for any marketing company to make one.

HT has a Facebook page. If you want them, ask. They added an extra Leonidas head when fans requested it, and, whether the fans had any impact or not, I don't know, but there were a lot of people who were very vocal about the QS Batman prototype, and pretty much every issue they had with it was remedied by the time it came out.

I still wonder why the game designers went with a dark blue cowl and then his gloves, boots and underroos are all black. Weird mix of Batman colors....

Saw the piece in person at SDCC, so the cape and cowl is actually a VERY deep, dark blue. I made sure to look very close because it was an annoying little feature to me.

The lack of gear has me concerned about Returns Batman. There ain't much he can come with, so if there's no Keaton Bruce Wayne head with torn cowl or glider wings, I'm passing. They could have included all those little do-dads to this Arkham Batman with ease. The accessories are small and doable, DX or not. DX has never been about the gear.
I would bet the DX15 comes with a torn cowl Keaton Wayne reveal head sculpt. I personally wouldn't bank on the glider wings though personally, but hey you never know.

The more I think about it even though there are things that the Arkham City Batman could have come with he's got the main weapons in the game. He could come with other items but a lot of them are small things (like the smoke pellets) or variations on another item (remote control Batarang is essentially just a regular one and wouldn't look all that different as an accessory if you ask me). The main thing I feel that was left out that would have been nice is the cryptographic sequencer which was used quite often.

As far as the rubber issue goes I'm honestly not that concerned with it. The ED-209 issue is bad but that seems more because of it being stretched over the curved area of the figure and probably putting too much stress on the material. There have been other Hot Toys figures/items to use rubber recently and are holding up fine.

I know that. Do not assume I don't. Funny thing is that nobody has actually answered my full question, they are just being ignorant and assuming post count and join date equal intelligence level. So, do these people actually display there collectibles correctly? Or are they just as ignorant with there collectibles as they are on these boards???
So.. you've read through the threads.. but you want answers about why these things are allegedly happening.

If you've read anything, you've either skimmed - or retained nothing.

Maybe you should look up the word ignorant before you go throwing it around like you know what it actually means. :lol

Last edited:
How I wish he came with an awesome flight stand to put him in a glide pose. Which is what I use the most lol.

Or is it already included? Can't tell from the ****** post-SDCC collage.

Gotta Love new Release's 1ST OMG!ORDERED! Cant wait!:impatient: 2nd OH CRAP ! Its got rubber FREAK OUT NOOOOOOOOO!:panic: Cancelled. 3rd Newer pic's show up ! OMG they FIXED the suit. REORDERED!:yess: 4th Final release pic's show up, OMG WHY did i CANCEL!:slap Will my ex CONVERT HA HA ISNT ONE. 5TH IT'S HERE OMG OMG OMG LOVE IT!:yess::lol

Gotta Love new Release's 1ST OMG!ORDERED! Cant wait!:impatient: 2nd OH CRAP ! Its got rubber FREAK OUT NOOOOOOOOO!:panic: Cancelled. 3rd Newer pic's show up ! OMG they FIXED the suit. REORDERED!:yess: 4th Final release pic's show up, OMG WHY did i CANCEL!:slap Will my ex CONVERT HA HA ISNT ONE. 5TH IT'S HERE OMG OMG OMG LOVE IT!:yess::lol
Pretty much sums up 90% of the collectors who frequent the forums and stuff. Funny **** hahahhaa

Back