ChrisDeeds Comic Cave

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hello everyone. I've been a member of the Freaks since 2009, but have never posted my small collection. I have 9 Premium Formats at this point and will be adding many more to my collection in the coming months. I also just purchased my first 1:1 bust (Iron Man Mark III), so that will be a new journey for me as well. I built the two display cases that you see below, and am working on building two smaller ones! I hope you enjoy!

14739415370_821617057e_c.jpg

14926086325_bf81251b36_c.jpg

14923002831_e2d30cbb43_c.jpg

JUST AWESOME!

Who cares if some people think they look like fish tanks? It looks awesome and that's all that really matters. :)

Awesome. The shield on floor, are you gonna hang it up?

Yeah, I'm normally not a fan of placing prints behind statues, but in your case(s) it works. :)

Very clean and nice setup. The custom cabinets really work great with the statues. Almost the perfect setup when you combine them like this.

Hello everyone. I've been a member of the Freaks since 2009, but have never posted my small collection. I have 9 Premium Formats at this point and will be adding many more to my collection in the coming months. I also just purchased my first 1:1 bust (Iron Man Mark III), so that will be a new journey for me as well. I built the two display cases that you see below, and am working on building two smaller ones! I hope you enjoy!

14955382081_437d714656_c.jpg

14771802319_97fb8ed9ae_c.jpg

14926086325_bf81251b36_c.jpg

14923002831_e2d30cbb43_c.jpg

Thanks everyone! I have had many people say they just look like fishtanks....I really just wanted something unique where I could display multiple statues together. I really like some of the IKEA looks, but they usually can only hold a few statues. I dont know what I can do to make them look less like "fishtanks" as I dont want people to think that's what they are :(

Epic displays Chris! Love it! :clap It's funny you mentioned about people saying that the cases looking like fishtanks :lol when I was building my acrylic cases at the beginning of my display thread I often got the same comments :)

But I really love those who think outside the box when it comes to displaying their collectibles and this is proof that you can make an already amazing statue appear so much better by just tweaking the overall way its displayed....well done bro :hi5:

Epic displays Chris! Love it! :clap It's funny you mentioned about people saying that the cases looking like fishtanks :lol when I was building my acrylic cases at the beginning of my display thread I often got the same comments :)

But I really love those who think outside the box when it comes to displaying their collectibles and this is proof that you can make an already amazing statue appear so much better by just tweaking the overall way its displayed....well done bro :hi5:

Thank you so much. I'm taking a lot of pride in making my collection unique! Thanks for the wonderful comments! Your collection is amazing by the way!!

Thank you so much. I'm taking a lot of pride in making my collection unique! Thanks for the wonderful comments! Your collection is amazing by the way!!

Your very welcome Chris :hi5: can we expect some more updates on future displays bro? Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us :)

P.S. Thanks for the kind words also :) much appreciated :duff

Wow, amazing collection !

The customs "fishtanks" are awesome, very well done. I really really like the pics behind the statues, it really add a new dimension to your collection.

Cheers. :)

Your very welcome Chris :hi5: can we expect some more updates on future displays bro? Looking forward to seeing what you have in store for us :)
P.S. Thanks for the kind words also :) much appreciated :duff

I have big plans for my displays in the next year, so YES I will be giving updates for sure!!

Ok I need everyones help in planning. The picture below is my current set up. I will be moving my Avengers collection over by the Iron Man bust (will be building a new shelf for them). The shelf that currently has the Avengers PF's is going to become a Dark Knight display area with the 1:1 Scale Dark Knight Bust.

So heres where I need the help. I can either put two more small shelving units by the Iron Man Bust Shelf, OR I could put a large shelf (with the avengers) and then a smaller shelf next to it by the door to put my future Batman 89 PF. So basically the Avengers will end up in a large shelf or a small shelf.

What do you all think I should do?

14771802319_97fb8ed9ae_c.jpg
[/url]
20140817_225921

Back