If xm studios gets dc....would you be ok with 1/5 scale???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Batman. And only Batman. And only if I thought it looked good.

Mainly into 1/4, but I have exceptions... Zora Tunic Link, Fierce Deity Link, Dark Link Ex, old Bowen Spidey and Bowen Extremis IM. Also, the JSC Spidey Ex, my only 1/5.

I wouldn't even mind if SS attempted a 1/5 Batman comiquette. But Batman is my only other exception. 1/4 is where it's at.

1/4 or fail for DC. If XM does DC in 1/5 it would not match my SS DC statues. That would mean I have to sell off one group to match the scales. Would not be a happy camper.

I recently graduated to 1/4, so thats where its at... primarily.
Ditto on Bats, I would make an exception for 1/5 but I too am one for consistency. I would have to have two different displays.
Problem with XM... they're duplicating whats already out by SS and alot more expensive. If I were them, I would be focusing on characters not already produced or variants thereof.
I have emailed XM twice asking about Batman and DC licensing... they dont care to respond.

I recently graduated to 1/4, so thats where its at... primarily.
Ditto on Bats, I would make an exception for 1/5 but I too am one for consistency. I would have to have two different displays.
Problem with XM... they're duplicating whats already out by SS and alot more expensive. If I were them, I would be focusing on characters not already produced or variants thereof.
I have emailed XM twice asking about Batman and DC licensing... they dont care to respond.

LMAO how is XM ALOT more expensive. 600 dollar statue from XM for low ES, AMAZING quality, incredible packaging, prototype paint-quality on production pieces or a 400 dollar statue from Sideshow Collectibles with flooding the market Edition Sizes and variants and lesser quality packaging and paint. You can take Sideshow, but I will go with XM. Funny enough, it is when Sideshow did not ship my Supes EX PF that by chance I discovered XM. Anyway, so long as XM keeps up the quality they will havwe a customer in me for life but only at quarter scale because that is what I collect. :)

LMAO how is XM ALOT more expensive. 600 dollar statue from XM for low ES, AMAZING quality, incredible packaging, prototype paint-quality on production pieces or a 400 dollar statue from Sideshow Collectibles with flooding the market Edition Sizes and variants and lesser quality packaging and paint. You can take Sideshow, but I will go with XM. Funny enough, it is when Sideshow did not ship my Supes EX PF that by chance I discovered XM. Anyway, so long as XM keeps up the quality they will havwe a customer in me for life but only at quarter scale because that is what I collect. :)

Im not a big Marvel fan so I wont buy anything Marvel, but I browsed XM and nonetheless saw great quality (via internet pics) but nothing I could see warranted 3 bills over SS. Maybe 200-300 (6-700 otd) isnt alot for you, idk.
A statue is only worth what one is willing to pay and while people may find a low ES and packaging appealing its not 2-300 dollars important- to me. I get supply and demand and the privilege of owing something rare, but I think ppl take the ES thing too seriously, I mean 9500 ES worldwide, really is that alot?
And so far XM's customer service sux. But would I buy a statue from them yes, IF, I absolutely loved and had to have it for 700. No matter how you cut that's alot of dough for most.

:duff

MM doth protest too much.

1/4 or gtfo, who needs 1/5 sitting there being the wrong scale?

LMAO how is XM ALOT more expensive. 600 dollar statue from XM

I just looked at XMs site.... NOT $600... more like $800-900 (as low as $720 if your special). Idk about you but thats ALOT for each piece you collect. Keep that money tree watered, your gonna need it! :dunno

I just looked at XMs site.... NOT $600... more like $800-900 (as low as $720 if your special). Idk about you but thats ALOT for each piece you collect. Keep that money tree watered, your gonna need it! :dunno

The website lists prices in Singapore dollars or whatever theyre called. If you buy them from an American Reseller theyre $620 or close to it. I would rather have quality but Im not saying dont buy Sideshow. Its just that other options are FINALLY out there. :) And yeah Ièm still miffed at SS for not sending my Supes Ex. But aside from that, theyre cool too but XM has a bit more of my attention right now.

The website lists prices in Singapore dollars or whatever theyre called. If you buy them from an American Reseller theyre $620 or close to it. I would rather have quality but Im not saying dont buy Sideshow. Its just that other options are FINALLY out there. :) And yeah Ièm still miffed at SS for not sending my Supes Ex. But aside from that, theyre cool too but XM has a bit more of my attention right now.

SGD but write site in English? :slap . Well $620 is better than $800! I concur, options are great and quality is limited in this market. Id be miffed as well, Im miffed right now they (SS) cant seem to get a release date right, wth!

650 isnt bad at all imo. Two four hundred dollar high es statue or one 650 dollar statue at quality and low ES. I will take the latter. I donèt have a lot of space anyway so am being very picky with collecting these days and just for my tastes, I like pieces a bit more rare. Anyhoo, both companies are cool. Go with whichever you prefer. Night all. :)

Some people got more dough and complains higher prices? Hahaha

Nope. I really don't like 1:5 scale. I've owned about 20 of them and every last one. They just come across as awkward when displayed in a collection alongside 1:4. No matter which character or how cool the sculpt, I automatically pass on any 1:5 that Sideshow solicits (confusion over scale was the reason I originally passed on the Green Lantern EX).

I make a mental note if everyone who's ever complained about Sideshows prices and then runs over and buys an XM statue for $700+ shipped, because its hilarious

Same here. The only reason I'm spending the extra $ is because most of XM's sculpts have been stellar and/or they are producing characters that SS has been foot dragging on (or produced in 1:5 like Thanos and Magneto). Right now I'm still struggling with whether or not to buy XM's Hawkeye and Wolverine. I prefer the Hawkeye sculpt and pose to the SS. I know Wolverine is likely going to go up quite a bit in the secondary, but I already have SS's Woverine PF and Comiquette, which look great, so not sure I need another yellow costume version of the character. If it were the brown costume though it would be a no-brainer.

Last edited:
Sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone learned any news regarding XM & D? With the Singapore show one would think something would've come out of that, but maybe not.

I make a mental note if everyone who's ever complained about Sideshows prices and then runs over and buys an XM statue for $700+ shipped, because its hilarious

I'm pretty sure their complaining about the quality of the statue for $400... I have no problem spending $700 on high quality statues...

Sorry to bring up an old thread, but has anyone learned any news regarding XM & D? With the Singapore show one would think something would've come out of that, but maybe not.

I was wondering the same thing, I thought for sure they would of made an announcement during the show...

I'm pretty sure their complaining about the quality of the statue for $400... I have no problem spending $700 on high quality statues...

I was wondering the same thing, I thought for sure they would of made an announcement during the show...

Kinda hard to complain about quality when the statue hasn't been released yet.

Back