Harry Potter Character Survey for Star Ace

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should Star Ace make next?

• Remus Lupin

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Draco Malfoy (child)

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Voldemort

Votes: 21 29.6%
  • Severus Snape

Votes: 12 16.9%
  • Hagrid

Votes: 5 7.0%
  • Dumbledore (Gambon)

Votes: 14 19.7%
  • Harry (teen)

Votes: 11 15.5%
  • Professor McGonagall

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Lucius Malfoy

Votes: 1 1.4%
  • Wormtail

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Honestly, I'd buy everyone on this list. But until we know this line has legs, I'd rather get some more important characters like Voldemort and Dumbledore made before personal favorites like Lucius Malfoy. It would be weird having a line with, say, a Lockhart but no Dumbledore. Once this line takes off, then I'd like to see them get to all of the Defense of the Dark Arts professors eventually.

I like how you think. They have to figure on Dumbledore and Voldemort being early characters, but you also can't just release heavy hitters and then the line just fizzles out.

Its definitely a tricky balance mixing in must-have characters early into the line to let a line actually form, but also spread them out enough we can get some more obscure characters in the line. I think Hagrid is a good character to hold off on. He's a fan favorite, but he's also going to be unique due to his size. So he'll take a bit more engineering than your average figure. So between working up to him design wise and holding off an important fan favorite, that would allow them to stretch out the line a bit more. I suppose the same could be said for someone like Dobby as well. Nowhere near the challenge Hagrid would probably be, but not a reusable body either.

And if they do it right, the Defense Against the Dark Arts professors could almost be a sub-line of sorts. You have to imagine there are crazy people like me that would want them all and spacing them out every few figures will keep people going on them.

I just don't want this line to end because we get countless Harry/Ron/Hermione variants instead of more characters. I think doing the kids from the first film now and maybe the last-ish film in the not-too-distant future would please most people. That would give you a few display choices that way at least. I'm sure some more notable variants of them throughout the series can be made to keep the line going, but I'd honestly be Ok with just a 'kid' and 'adult' version of them out of the line.

But I have to say I'm very thankful Star Ace is taking the time and asking us directly on who we want to see, how we want them sold, or what versions of these characters we want to see. I think that direct interest and communication with some of their most vocal collectors is always a good thing for a line. :rock

Voldemort would pave the way for people to want the older version of the hero kids. I personally would love to have the majority of the order of the Phoenix. I am really happy to see the iterations of sirius Black. His prisoner garb is the right type of quirky to make the collection fun. Hagrid would be a true masterpiece.

Is the Sirius black coming as a dx of sorts? Or two separate figures?

Voldemort would pave the way for people to want the older version of the hero kids. I personally would love to have the majority of the order of the Phoenix. I am really happy to see the iterations of sirius Black. His prisoner garb is the right type of quirky to make the collection fun. Hagrid would be a true masterpiece.

Is the Sirius black coming as a dx of sorts? Or two separate figures?

I don't think the decision on how to release Sirius has been made. I did do this poll to help indicate what people want.

https://www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?146612-Star-Ace-Harry-Potter-Sirius-Black&highlight=sirius

OMG, I want them all. Snape though is my favorite along with Sirius. so that's 1 of 2 so far

I voted Voldemort. That is my #1 want from this line. Then would like it to be closely followed by OoTP Dumbledore (to pose them in the Ministry battle scene, my favorite scene of any of the HP movies), Snape, Lucius Malfoy, Death Eater(s) (2 pack maybe?), Bellatrix, Hagrid, and Lupin. So stoked for this line and its potential. Sirius is already a definite purchase for me, no matter the distribution method.

Voldemort! I would love a final movie teen Harry to go with it.

I can't see the poll from my iPod but I would vote outside the box for a prof mcgonnicle(sp)

Back