Robin Williams RIP

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Knew about his substance abuse issues and off-and-on depression but this still came as a total shock. What a tremendous talent. :(

Apologies if it's a repost but I love Obamas tribute

“Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most.

RIP Robin 1951 -2014 x

Last edited:
Apologies it's a repost but I love Obamas tribute

“Robin Williams was an airman, a doctor, a genie, a nanny, a president, a professor, a bangarang Peter Pan, and everything in between. But he was one of a kind. He arrived in our lives as an alien – but he ended up touching every element of the human spirit. He made us laugh. He made us cry. He gave his immeasurable talent freely and generously to those who needed it most.

RIP Robin 1951 -2014 x

It was probably written by his speech writer, not Obama, himself.

Re: Robin Williams Dead.

This is one that feels like a personal loss to us all. Passing of a legend in every sense of the word. R.I.P. :(

I also thought it was a hoax, i still cant believe it, i wanted it to be fake, i wanted it to be some dumb prank.

it is weird how just a couple of months ago the news of Mrs. Doubtfire 2 came out and a lot of people were hating on him online, a lot of people being dumb and saying stupid things.... :(

This was one case where I didn't get to have that hope. The New York Times was where I first read it, so, it was like I got punched in the face with the reality of it. It still just makes me feel terrible.

Re: Robin Williams Dead.

This is one that feels like a personal loss to us all. Passing of a legend in every sense of the word. R.I.P. :(
Definitely is. A loss of a man who brought us the greatest medicine, laughter.
A sad sad day.

Not sure if it's appropriate, but somehow his smile at 2:11 seems to have more depth than it ever had.

That video is not inappropriate at all.It is the perfect example of how Robin Williams was.He is probably the biggest inspiration the world has had the pleasure of watching the past 37 years.He inspired people who wants to be a better person,and reached out to the audience with his fantastic characters that made us laugh and cry.

I could go on for hours...

R.I.P Robin Williams.You will be truly missed.

Last edited:
Very saddened by the sudden loss of such a great Artistic talent. I am going to watch Survivors tonight and have a toast to Robin.

I met Robin very briefly in Vancouver, BC in 2004 when he was acting in Final Cut. The production crew used the business I managed for a VERY brief clip in the movie. He was a true Gentleman in every sense of the word.

Very sad, indeed. Good Morning Vietnam was my favorite of his. However, there were so many I love and cherish that he's been in. A list that I don't think I could narrow down to even just a handful of favorites.

He will be missed.

They're reporting that he hanged himself with a belt. I had an uncle that went out like that last year, and it was especially rough on our family, so, my thoughts and prayers are with his loved ones during this time. Depression is a hell of a thing, and I just hope that he finds the peace in death that he, tragically, couldn't find in life.

Sad to hear of his passing and sad that he made so many laugh yet he was hurting so much himself. A absolute legend and the most naturally funny person I've ever watched. One of my favorite actors.

R.I.P robin, god bless.

Truly shocked and saddened by this. I loved Robin he was a huge part of my childhood. He will be missed.

In tribute, I loved this bit he did on Golf. Its NSFW due to language, but its great.

Back