1/6 Hot Toys - 1/6 - Iron Man 3 - Mark XXII - Hot Rod ??

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Are you forgetting about Whiplash and the Mark 3?

Hot Rods material make up could go either way.

You can not use die cast molds to make plastic parts so Hot Toys either has to make a HPP armor with the same amount of die cast as the WMM2 and IP or manufacture new plastic injection molds for the die cast parts.

I also wonder about the paint, I'm pretty sure you would have to use a different type of paint for each material but I can't say that it is a certainty

You can not use die cast molds to make plastic parts so Hot Toys either has to make a HPP armor with the same amount of die cast as the WMM2 and IP or manufacture new plastic injection molds for the die cast parts.

I also wonder about the paint, I'm pretty sure you would have to use a different type of paint for each material but I can't say that it is a certainty

That's why I stipulated "IM3."

As far as the molding process for Hot Rod goes, and whether it's diecast or plastic, I guess we'll see when we see.

So uhh, why can't we use the same molds for plastic, what's the reasoning?

So uhh, why can't we use the same molds for plastic, what's the reasoning?

'The Die Cast molding and plastic injection molding processes are completely different

If you Google the process videos you will understand better.

If they really wanted to make this cheap they could just use the same die-cast molds they used on Iron Patriot, since it's essentially just a repaint of Iron Patriot. I know i'll be getting it either way.

What's so different?

One uses molten metal and the other uses plastic. The machines that create the parts are different, you can't pour melted die cast metal into plastic bead hopper and squirt it into the mold.

How is that so hard to understand?

Like I said, Google the videos and you'll understand better.

Now if the parts were 3D printed that would be totally different situation.

BTW: Most companies that offer plastic injected parts do not normally offer die cast parts If they do, they subcontract it out to a company that has the machines and experience to do that type of work.

I know this first hand because I sold a quad rail design to Century International Arms and while working on the first article we had to talk to different companies about the aluminum and plastic parts.

If they really wanted to make this cheap they could just use the same die-cast molds they used on Iron Patriot, since it's essentially just a repaint of Iron Patriot. I know i'll be getting it either way.

But then you have a "different" armor for the HPP line up and you know how some collectors hate inconsistency, plus you have the price point issue.

But cant u pour plastic into the die cast molds. I know you can't do it diecast on plastic molds but I don't see why u cant do it the other way, plastic on diecast molds

One uses molten metal and the other uses plastic. The machines that create the parts are different, you can't pour melted die cast metal into plastic bead hopper and squirt it into the mold.

How is that so hard to understand?

Like I said, Google the videos and you'll understand better.

Now if the parts were 3D printed that would be totally different situation.

BTW: Most companies that offer plastic injected parts do not normally offer die cast parts If they do, they subcontract it out to a company that has the machines and experience to do that type of work.

I know this first hand because I sold a quad rail design to Century International Arms and while working on the first article we had to talk to different companies about the aluminum and plastic parts.

No one said it was 'hard to understand' :cuckoo:

We just didn't want to waste time googling it when you apparently had done the leg work already.

Last edited:
But cant u pour plastic into the die cast molds. I know you can't do it diecast on plastic molds but I don't see why u cant do it the other way, plastic on diecast molds

It's not that simple. Each process uses complicated, expensive machines made specifically for the material they use and one is not interchangeable with the other.

They don't just pour stuff into a mold and pop out a part when is cools.

My experience is based on working in the industry, not what can be found on Google.

No one said it was 'hard to understand' :cuckoo

We just didn't want to waste time googling it when you apparently had done the leg work already.

It must be because I have explained it a couple different ways and some people still don't understand.

Last edited:
But then you have a "different" armor for the HPP line up and you know how some collectors hate inconsistency, plus you have the price point issue.

Since when has HT cared about consistency? If it costs the company more to do an all-plastic release, it'll just do a mixed-media one instead and tout how its Hot Rod is "ONE OF A KIND!!!"

Pic of Hot Rod at STGCC.
15170751791_5c22b37392_b.jpg

Pic of Hot Rod at STGCC.
15170751791_5c22b37392_b.jpg

This is one of the most impressive looking suits I think, a no question must have for me anyway. I best when they made the bust though, they were like 'well that's a bit underwhelming!' the chest & head section as a release just don't do the suit justice after all. lol :)

Yeah that is a sexy looking suit. Didn't think much of the design but I do think it looks great in figure form. I will buy him :)

I ain't expecting any differences to this figure, just a straight out colour change. If they was gonna look into changing any parts I hope they look into redesigning the helmet to position it into flight mode, as having it posed with the mechanic jumping behind it is the pose for me to have.

The appeal of this suit is entirely based on those flame design things on the legs. Otherwise its a grey IM suit with red arms and legs.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back