1/6 $550 Should I spend this much I need you guy's opinion

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

batman232

Super Freak
Reaction score
O.k so I have posted that I have bought the 1/6 Hot toys Tumbler about a month ago for $40 www.sideshowcollectors.com/forums/s...6-Hot-Toys-Tumbler-How-much&highlight=tumbler . Before buying the tumbler I had bought small action figures never hot toys,takara, medicom etc. Mostly Marvel Legends nd Mcfarlane Spawn figures, but after getting a deal on this tumbler, I see why everyone buys H.T figures. So now that I have a better paying job, my addiction for more expensive figures is going up, don't know if that's good or bad lol. Anyways have so many figures in mind now not all H.T except for the Batman 1989 and Joker. Back to the story lol, well I love the tumbler so much that I decided to go for the 1989 Batmobile. Now some guy I met here at a local Figure/Comic store is selling one for $550 it's in mint condition it comes with everything even brown shipper. I got and idea where to put the Car, my wife doesn't mind as she lets me buy figures, but she thinks I'm paying $350. I have the $550 but don't know If I should wait, it would be the most expensive figure that I had ever bought, Is it really worth it, has my small addiction for figures gone bad. Help me! Lol

If it's mint, ie none of the scratches that many of them carry, then it's a good buy. Come clean with your wife first. If you buy it but need to sell it in the future you'll either be able to either recoup most of the cost, break even, or - most likely - turn a profit.

I will come clean because one way or another she always finds out, Women are like detectives lol. So is it worth it, do any of you guy's own one do you regret buying it. The guy has it at home he has sent me pics, I have never seen one in person.= just countless videos and pic reviews and looks beautiful. As for selling it in the future hopefully never comes to that, as I had sold one of my collections long ago due to financial problems, knock on wood never happens again.

So you haven't seen it in person yet? Make sure you check for scratches that affected more than a few examples during packing/shipping.

I'm going to see it sunday after work. Yeah I read a couple of thread about damage from shipping.

You can always get another wife, but you wont find another Batmobile for $550 including the shipper box.

I say ditch the wife and get the toy, find someone who can accept you and love you for who you are. :duff

I see lots of people when selling the figures include the brown shipper, is that a big deal just curious.

I see lots of people when selling the figures include the brown shipper, is that a big deal just curious.

It's not actually a big deal to normal people with respect to the value of an item. In practical terms it provides a convenient way to keep the stored art box mint.

It used to bother me, but now if its there, its good. If not, Im not gonna sweat over it.

Just gonna try and enjoy these stuff as opposed to make fuss over the small things that frustrates me.

You can always get another wife, but you wont find another Batmobile for $550 including the shipper box.

I say ditch the wife and get the toy, find someone who can accept you and love you for who you are. :duff

(the message above quoted) This is the BEST advice ever. This is VERY TRUE and I agree completely.
Awesome !!!!!

It is your money, you made that money; it is your hobby and you enjoy and appreciate these things and these things make you happy. Therefore, if your heart tells you that you should get it and it's worth the money, by all means spend the moeny and get it.

NO ONE should dictate you to buy or not to buy. Your money, you do whatever you want with it - spend it the way you desire.

:D

Last edited:
Married or unmarried shouldn't matter.

As long as a person gets their priority straight (bills, house payments, mortgage, rent, insurance, emergency savings, car payments or whatever it is that should be first are taken care of)

Everything else that falls under leisure and hobby money should be allowed to be spent anyway that individual desire without having their significant other (wife or girlfriend) dictate them how to spend it.

Back