The Next Indiana Jones?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Who should be the next Indiana Jones?

• Total voters
You just had to go and put Harrison Ford's name in there, now I cant, with a clean conscience vote for anybody else.

If Ford's name werent in the poll, than I'd have to go with Chris Pratt and as second choice Fassbender, just cause it would be really interesting to see.

Yeah, I had to put him on the list because he's the original and he said he would play Indy again. Plus if I didn't, people would be asking where's Ford :lol

My only problem with Pratt is I would have a hard time suspending my disbelief that he was a Professor of Archaeology. Too much of the dumbass in his personality, which is part of his charm.

I never thought about that.

all of the except Tom Hardy, I don't think he would be right for it. Not that he is a bad actor or anything just cant see him for this

No "other" on the poll?
I guess I'll go with the original then. None of the other ones are quite right. Cooper is too "pretty". Indy needs to be a little rough around the edges. Pratt is too goofy and maybe too nice. Indy is a bit of a ****. Fassbender is maybe a good choice, but perhaps a little too European looking. And Hardy is a maybe as well. He's got the swagger and can be cruel. But I really don't know if I can see it.

I still think the only way to continue the Indy series is to go the Young Indy route and go from there. I think there is definitely enough material in young Indy's life to get some good adventures, and it would be a huge step up from the TV show. It would also minimize the comparisons to HF since no one will care if you recast Sean Flannery as Indy. And Young Indy has already been played by 2 different actors (3 if you count the little 8 year old version). I think audiences would be more willing to accept that than flat our replacing HF.

Edit: Just look at Indiana's sig:

sigpic9651_1.gif

Can any of the guys on the list muster up that amount of anger and pure rage?

No "other" on the poll?
I guess I'll go with the original then. None of the other ones are quite right. Cooper is too "pretty". Indy needs to be a little rough around the edges. Pratt is too goofy and maybe too nice. Indy is a bit of a ****. Fassbender is maybe a good choice, but perhaps a little too European looking. And Hardy is a maybe as well. He's got the swagger and can be cruel. But I really don't know if I can see it.

I still think the only way to continue the Indy series is to go the Young Indy route and go from there. I think there is definitely enough material in young Indy's life to get some good adventures, and it would be a huge step up from the TV show. It would also minimize the comparisons to HF since no one will care if you recast Sean Flannery as Indy. And Young Indy has already been played by 2 different actors (3 if you count the little 8 year old version). I think audiences would be more willing to accept that than flat our replacing HF.

Edit: Just look at Indiana's sig:

sigpic9651_1.gif

Can any of the guys on the list muster up that amount of anger and pure rage?

I don't know. I've seen Fassbender look pretty angry :lol Maybe an unknown actor might be the best choice. I'm curious to see who is going to play the young Han Solo, if Disney makes a Han Solo film. Maybe that same actor could play Indy, since both belong to the mouse.

Well he's supposedly playing a scientist in Jurassic World so that will probably be a good measure of how well he can pull it off.

Well, at the very least, he appears smarter than Tara Reid or Denise Richards, who both played scientists.

How come, Sammy Jackson, Clint Howard or Dwight Yokum ain't on them thar list o yaws sonny?

Maybe Nolan can direct one with Dicaprio or Bale as Indy? hmmm

Of the ones listed, I'd have to lean towards Cooper though I feel they should go with someone a little less known but not a newcomer.

How about Grant Bowler?

Back