Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

i'm really looking forward to playing this game, i played the original but couldn't get far because i used to be scared "was young"

I used to be scared too, but I loved it and I loved the puzzles, I didn't finish RE1 nor the remake since I had no GC, but I played both and I loved them.

I only finished RE2 (both characters), RE3, Survivor (could be my favorite) and RE4 a bunch of times.

I also loved Code Veronica but I didn't finish it.

RE5 I played like 15 minutes and dropped it :lol didn't even look at RE6

I used to be scared too, but I loved it and I loved the puzzles, I didn't finish RE1 nor the remake since I had no GC, but I played both and I loved them.

I only finished RE2 (both characters), RE3, Survivor (could be my favorite) and RE4 a bunch of times.

Did you just say RE survivor was your favorite?.....i think that's a first :lol

Did you just say RE survivor was your favorite?.....i think that's a first :lol

Yeah, the 1st one though, but I played ages ago, I liked the immersion of the 1st person, I like that it used RE2's models, loved the audio and I liked the story and characters a lot.

In fact I think it was the most technically achieving of all the PS1 games, the graphics were gorgeous.

It's a game that stands on it's own in the franchise and since I'm not really what you'd call a big fan of the franchise, that's the one I liked the most back then.

y4sv3mprfbsip8ngkzrk.gif

I played Survivor with a lightgun, good times.

The game probably sucks beyond the realms of eternal suckiness without it, I'd reckon.

You made the right choice ignoring RE5 and 6, but Code Veronica is a GREAT game, albeit the most difficult RE. I beat it on the PS2 but never gotten around beating the HD version.

If you loved those games you would have finished them cant love a game when you hardly played it.

a_560x375.jpg

I used to say survivor was a good game.

Then I went and played it a month ago and turned it off from frustration and bore.

Awful game.

I actually play through it somewhat regularly. I like to do series runthroughs of resident Evil and play all the games. Survivor takes me about an hour or so to beat. So I know how bad it is here and now :lol

The voice acting is worse than the first RE :lol

I'm with everyone else...gaspar you trolling? Nothing against you, your opinion just is quite surprising. That and the game's visuals...they're aged compared to RE2 (and not meant to be the way the models should be seen), RE3 is superior looking.

I do agree with Ryan however, of the classic REs, CV is the hardest. I can A Rank RE2 and probably beat it in a single sitting (I did this for my YouTube on all scenarios actually, though it was 2 sessions for each scenario), beat Chris's scenario in a single sitting for YouTube on Deadly Silence and Jill's as well (no on YouTube though) with best ending, but Code Veronica was just hard. It's the longest too (likely why we do not have more than one scenario). I haven't beaten RE3 though. I played it in high school for an hour, and sort of got lost and bored :lol I need to buy it though later. 0, I have not touched either and REmake...it's great, it really is, but holy crap, the GameCube controller, RE tank controls and myself do not seem to go well at all. It might have also been my controller probably dying. But the controls killed it, and I can deal with the controls in other REs. I'm pretty sure REmake HD will be fine on a PS controller but I don't think I can go back to those controls on the GameCube. I'm crazy aren't I? :cuckoo

Also, how is RE Director's Cut? I only played the game on my DS.

Directors cut or dual shock is fun.

I really want to play RE0. Does the wii u play wii games? Might buy it.

Re0 is definitely a lot harder than CV.

I'm with everyone else...gaspar you trolling? Nothing against you, your opinion just is quite surprising. That and the game's visuals...they're aged compared to RE2 (and not meant to be the way the models should be seen), RE3 is superior looking.

I do agree with Ryan however, of the classic REs, CV is the hardest. I can A Rank RE2 and probably beat it in a single sitting (I did this for my YouTube on all scenarios actually, though it was 2 sessions for each scenario), beat Chris's scenario in a single sitting for YouTube on Deadly Silence and Jill's as well (no on YouTube though) with best ending, but Code Veronica was just hard. It's the longest too (likely why we do not have more than one scenario). I haven't beaten RE3 though. I played it in high school for an hour, and sort of got lost and bored :lol I need to buy it though later. 0, I have not touched either and REmake...it's great, it really is, but holy crap, the GameCube controller, RE tank controls and myself do not seem to go well at all. It might have also been my controller probably dying. But the controls killed it, and I can deal with the controls in other REs. I'm pretty sure REmake HD will be fine on a PS controller but I don't think I can go back to those controls on the GameCube. I'm crazy aren't I? :cuckoo

Also, how is RE Director's Cut? I only played the game on my DS.

The DS version to me, is the definitive version of the PS1 version. Has all the original tracks, the Director's Cut had a whole new list of tracks and none of the old IIRC. And I prefer the original's music, which was translated into REmake. One thing that always bugged me about the PS1 versions was that Wesker's hair was brown and his STARS outfit wasn't colored right... but this was rectified in the DS version.

If you loved those games you would have finished them cant love a game when you hardly played it.

I've owned 1,2,3,CV,4 and Survivor, and gaiden for the GBC, but between my brother scratching them and other reason from being a kid, some of them just went lost and wasn't able to play them unless I borrowed them or at friends' houses, only the ones I mentioned I finished, but I loved all the games till RE4, even survivor.

Like I said, loveD, I don't care for the franchise no more.

Nah, not trolling, it's just been ages since I played them and those are my child memories of what at that point was my favorite.

I'm with Frank Jaeger:

y4sv3mprfbsip8ngkzrk.gif

Sounds like you have some strong nostalgia goggles on.

:lol Probably so, I just remember it had full 3D environments, a 1st for a RE game and I was blown away by that.

I also remember being haunted by the atmosphere more so than the rest of the games.

1st person was always more immersive for me than 3rd person.

Last edited:
Back