Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

Sweet. :cool:

I didn't realize until recently, that the re-release of the original game was called Biohazard.

Yep, it's always been Biohazard in Japan. Resident Evil really only fits with the first game, after which it feels redundant since it no longer took place in a residence.

That's actually sorta funny. Biohazard just fits better but resident evil has this nice ring to it that you automatically know what it is when you here the name.

Yeah, I was going to say "was it Japan?" - it does make more sense going forward, as SP says.

The interesting little bits of info that I'm learning, after having been out of the gaming world for years.. :lol

It only has a changed name because some Rockband in the 90s had the same name.

Which makes no sense to me, but I guess copywrite laws were different bacj then

I've somewhat fallen out of love with console gaming in recent years but this port of one of my all time favourite games is more than enough to pull me back in. I even bought those 3 nifty little Gaya Resident Evil Remake statues last year (& their G William statue). & ever since I bought those I've been meaning to dust off my old Gamecube & slink back into the horribly wonderful world of the Resident Evil Remake. Now early next year I'll have the perfect reason to. :yess:

That's actually sorta funny. Biohazard just fits better but resident evil has this nice ring to it that you automatically know what it is when you here the name.

Especially considering every game in the franchise is based around biohazards :lol

I've somewhat fallen out of love with console gaming in recent years but this port of one of my all time favourite games is more than enough to pull me back in. I even bought those 3 nifty little Gaya Resident Evil Remake statues last year (& their G William statue). & ever since I bought those I've been meaning to dust off my old Gamecube & slink back into the horribly wonderful world of the Resident Evil Remake. Now early next year I'll have the perfect reason to. :yess:
Firstly folks - apologies if this is going on a tangent, but I need to vent my newly regained enthusiasm for gaming somewhere. :lol

Just replying to Matt there though, since getting back into it all myself, I've been checking out the history of console gaming in general - & some database type sites specifically. I love the idea of folks not only keeping an up to date record of what has come before, but also that there are console / game collectors out there - love that. :)

..which leads me to my next point (the part of Matt's post in bold) - sourcing an older quality console that has legendary status to this day, like the Nintendo SNES or Game Cube. I've owned other systems over the years here & there (old 'pong' style' ones, C=64, Sega Megadrive, PS1) but it seems that Nintendo was really the one crucial piece of the action that I regrettably missed out on experiencing - apart from an old Game&Watch handheld I owned as a kid. I have of course played friends' machines here & there.

That said, it seems the N64 - while a great system with some stand out games, became kind of redundant not long thereafter, because of the heavy focus on younger gamers & not moving to discs, while the competition eclipsed them by that stage.

I'd love to get up to speed with the SNES & Game Cube - & possibly get one of those eventually.. that'd be cool. :)

Do you guys have mixed feelings about this? :lol

I saw some footage and was sort of happy but not really. Cause some of the small details look meh to me. But then again, it's resident evil and I loved the remake to death.

Also, I never played the PS1 version. Please don't shoot me.

Do you guys have mixed feelings about this? :lol

I saw some footage and was sort of happy but not really. Cause some of the small details look meh to me. But then again, it's resident evil and I loved the remake to death.

Also, I never played the PS1 version. Please don't shoot me.

No need to worry about playing the PS1 version. The trailer and screencaps do look odd to me, some parts look really good while other leave a lot to be desired I think.

b7a292bb54516874e03aa677cccf6c29.jpg

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

mh... I'd love to get it if it had more stuff, looks minda meh

xfiles-dunno_zpsa6bbe378.gif

What I really want is figures

Holy **** I want that map. Which edition is that?

Oh it's the ce... Bleh.

I'm sticking with Hong Kong version.

No I think it's the same version... Not sure though.

Back