Media Resident Evil Remake/Zero Remastered

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Resident Evil Remake Remastered

:lol Probably so, I just remember it had full 3D environments, a 1st for a RE game and I was blown away by that.

I also remember being haunted by the atmosphere more so than the rest of the games.

1st person was always more immersive for me than 3rd person.

Sometimes its best to keep that nostalgia than to replay it. I'd say keep the nostalgia :lol

One good thing about that game I'll say is, it had. Cool final boss that had a pretty cool death scene :lol

Last edited:

From a distance the models look ok but up close, wow are they ugly or what.

Even sounds like they add new voiceovers in certain parts, unless that was only for the trailer. I really can't decide how I feel about the appearance, parts of it look really nice... while others look meh and I prefer the GC look.

Hope they have some proper texture filtering, RE4 and CVX were lazy ports on the PS3.

Even sounds like they add new voiceovers in certain parts, unless that was only for the trailer. I really can't decide how I feel about the appearance, parts of it look really nice... while others look meh and I prefer the GC look.

Nope, those lines are from the original game.

Wait, this was supposed to be a GC remake? I guess I aimed higher on my expectations :lol

I still think it's cool, never played the GC remake so this is still good for me.

I've read some rumblings that this will end up being 4:3... which will blow.

I've read some rumblings that this will end up being 4:3... which will blow.

It will be both, but the tradeoff of being in 16:9 is that the camera will resemble RE0.

I'll probably stick to the 4:3 aspect ratio, the scrolling camera seems neat but maybe it will ruin some of the atmosphere. Kinda like how MGS HD had 2 aspect ratios for the cutscenes (which was a smart move). We'll just have to see how it turns out.

It will be both, but the tradeoff of being in 16:9 is that the camera will resemble RE0.

I'll probably stick to the 4:3 aspect ratio, the scrolling camera seems neat but maybe it will ruin some of the atmosphere. Kinda like how MGS HD had 2 aspect ratios for the cutscenes (which was a smart move). We'll just have to see how it turns out.

If it is 16:9, won't it have the top and bottom cut off?

If it is 16:9, won't it have the top and bottom cut off?

Yup, like it or not, it has to be cut off. Hence why they're counter balancing that with the auto-scrollable camera by zooming up on the 4:3 backgrounds instead. I personally don't know if that's a good idea. I would prefer if it was the mostly static yet cropped like in FFX/X-2 HD.

Well at least Capcom is showing some effort up par with the MGS and FFX HD collections. Did you guys know that the Silent Hill HD collection tried to bypass the issues altogether by <gulp> stretching the image? :slap

Last edited:

I think the reasoning is that they didn't backup the original backgrounds, so I would assume they're pulling them right out of the GC disc and re-purposing it and sprucing it up. I've played it in 4:3 for years and years, it won't bother me doing it again, but this time the character models will look cleaner at least. I just really hope they add some new modes, even multiplayer. But with MP, they'd have to add in more enemies.

I think the reasoning is that they didn't backup the original backgrounds, so I would assume they're pulling them right out of the GC disc and re-purposing it and sprucing it up. I've played it in 4:3 for years and years, it won't bother me doing it again, but this time the character models will look cleaner at least. I just really hope they add some new modes, even multiplayer. But with MP, they'd have to add in more enemies.

Yup, those assets and artwork were intended to be displayed on 4:3 displays, so re-purposing them for widescreen displays will cause some sort of tradeoff. This is why we got Code Veronica HD first and never got an Onimusha HD collection. Arr.. I'd buy it at a high price. :lol

b7a292bb54516874e03aa677cccf6c29.jpg

Sent from Umbrella Corporation HQ using Tapatalk

Back