So is anyone here getting all of the Court of the Dead PF's ???

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm not sure what it was about Queen of the Dead but i seen her months ago when she was first put up for pre-order. The statue appealed to me at a subconscious level, I had to have it and I didn't know why.

yup_zps96373a11.jpg

:wink1:

All the PFF's are really cool looking but I just don't have the money or space to dedicate to an entirely new line. This collection could take up a room alone. The only statue from this line I would even consider is the bone templar bust and that's only because it was originally intended as a zombie and looks like one and would for the most part fit into my zombie collection (except for the giant star on its helmet which is completely out there).

If I was rich and had a giant house with tons of display potential, I could see myself getting this line though.

I'm not sure what it was about Queen of the Dead but i seen her months ago when she was first put up for pre-order. The statue appealed to me at a subconscious level, I had to have it and I didn't know why. I kept shrugging it off and say naaaah but every few weeks i would end up oggoling it on sideshows website she just kept drawing me back in. This was before any real announcements were even made about the rest of the lines. Then this line started getting realllllly big and announcing more really nice companion pieces. With the extra companion statues Queen wouldn't look so out of place in my collection who is now on pre-order. Currently for me I'm looking at Queen, Kier and Death.
You should be in couple counseling, because you literally just explained love :lol

I'm the same here, while I'm not about spirits and skulls, QoTD just kept pulling me back. Maybe it's the ass, but IDK. I do like Gallevarbe, not a fan of the spirits again, but I can see myself getting Kier and QoTD and maybe, just maybe, Xiall.
Then there's the issue of space. I'm selling all my furniture. :D

There you go! Lol I started selling other things and just put a flip board on the wall. Why have a desk when I need a small board for my laptop. This wasn't done for the statues though lol, the selling part yes; not renovation haha.

You should be in couple counseling, because you literally just explained love :lol

I'm the same here, while I'm not about spirits and skulls, QoTD just kept pulling me back. Maybe it's the ass, but IDK. I do like Gallevarbe, not a fan of the spirits again, but I can see myself getting Kier and QoTD and maybe, just maybe, Xiall.

There you go! Lol I started selling other things and just put a flip board on the wall. Why have a desk when I need a small board for my laptop. This wasn't done for the statues though lol, the selling part yes; not renovation haha.

You can display a lot of statues on a desk.:lol

I'll do you all one better and simply chase my neighbours out of their home with a hockey mask and chainsaw and then I'll have an entire house to display stuff in. That just leaves the money issue....hmmm.....

I'll do you all one better and simply chase my neighbours out of their home with a hockey mask and chainsaw and then I'll have an entire house to display stuff in. That just leaves the money issue....hmmm.....
Maybe he leaves his wallet in the madness! :lol

Lol niiice. Can't argue that behind but there are plenty of ladies statues out there. None really interested me but this ones different. Hell if I can say why.

Honestly, I think it's her face that gets me. Just something about it. Like sad, but powerful. I don't know. She is just a fine piece.

Maybe he leaves his wallet in the madness! :lol

Honestly, I think it's her face that gets me. Just something about it. Like sad, but powerful. I don't know. She is just a fine piece.

Perhaps it's the darker mood of the statue, she seems more human then the other perfect female superhero statues. I get the same vibe from the Darth Talon PF from a few years back, same feeling of strength and both are clearly flawed women.

Qotd, Cleopsis, and Kier are definite's. Siren and Oglavaeil are more than likely's. Theres one other chick in the spirit faction that hasn't been released yet, only seen art of her in the allegiance poster. By the looks she will also be a definite.

Nope, its not really my thing. The line is just too dark for my taste, I mean if if I was going to make a house of horrors or a hunted house then this is great stuff.
Now they are very well done and come from the best artists I know SSC has. But again, its almost too morbid for my taste.
Horror to the far left is not that great to show in my home.

The only one I may get is the Egyptian queen of the dead Cleopsis
She will great with my fantasy theme I have going

Other than Red Death, none of them are grotesque at all, IMO. They're mostly clothed/armored skeleton types or females with helms and more clothes. CotD is too pretty to be taken as dark. Pinhead is darker than most of them. I guess we all have different perspectives because these are pretty tame, in my eyes. They're nothing close to Clive Barker's Tormented Souls. Art is art, no matter the subject...within reason.

Other than Red Death, none of them are grotesque at all, IMO. They're mostly clothed/armored skeleton types or females with helms and more clothes. CotD is too pretty to be taken as dark. Pinhead is darker than most of them. I guess we all have different perspectives because these are pretty tame, in my eyes. They're nothing close to Clive Barker's Tormented Souls. Art is art, no matter the subject...within reason.

anything that has horns or skulls is dark and demonic for some people

Perhaps it's the darker mood of the statue, she seems more human then the other perfect female superhero statues. I get the same vibe from the Darth Talon PF from a few years back, same feeling of strength and both are clearly flawed women.
:goodpost: I totally agree. I love the superhero pieces simply because I know their history and often times are a favorite of mine. But this got my attention and I still don't know why. I say the face, the body, but honestly she just, ugh, I can't even explain. I keep saying I have to stick to just DC and maybe Marvel, but this and kier just has me thinking to add them into the collection.

Qotd, Cleopsis, and Kier are definite's. Siren and Oglavaeil are more than likely's. Theres one other chick in the spirit faction that hasn't been released yet, only seen art of her in the allegiance poster. By the looks she will also be a definite.
Noticed that too. She looks awesome, I thought it was more to illustrate a spirit. But if she is an upcomer; she looks pretty sick.

anything that has horns or skulls is dark and demonic for some people
Yup that would be me. However, I always go saying that Death is neutral. Doesn't necessarily mean demonic. But to some it could be a bit macabre for their taste. I only like Kier for she to me looks the least skull plastered. I do plan to show her without her mask as it looks gorgeous. QoTD to me will probably get a custom head, as I think she could have like a Persephone feel to her and would look beautiful. And the minions will have to go :lol

QoTD to me will probably get a custom head, as I think she could have like a Persephone feel to her and would look beautiful. And the minions will have to go

You know someone who can sculpt her a replacement head that is at least the equal of Newman's?!

Back