Hot Toys Captain America

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

smlshin

Freakalicious
Reaction score
Hey guys new to the site. Yay!

I just had a question regarding Captain America's shield. Both my Avengers and The First Avenger shields are chipping. The red paint has been flaking off. It's quite annoying and lame.

I'd like to fix it up, instead of buying a new one for $100 more or less on ebay.

Any ideas on what to do to fix it up?

Thanks a lot!

Get yourself some Tamiya TS-79 and follow below:

This is covered in the Cap threads, remember, search is your friend.

Do you know what kind of paint I'd have to use, I read the link you posted, but I wondering if there is a certain paint I could buy and fix up, and then coat it with TS-79.

Do you know what kind of paint I'd have to use, I read the link you posted, but I wondering if there is a certain paint I could buy and fix up, and then coat it with TS-79.

Helpful advice for anyone doing this and unfamiliar with painting.

If you're coating with TS-79, I recommend lacquer paints for your colours as well. If you use enamels, mist the TS-79 on very lightly, and avoid acrylic paints, as the lacquer can (and probably will) eat into them and ruin your paintjob.

TBH, if you do a good enough paintjob first go around, you may be able to avoid spraying the clear.

Any particular type of red paint recommend? And if I were to paint it, would it be better to get rid of the whole red area and repaint it?

Any particular type of red paint recommend? And if I were to paint it, would it be better to get rid of the whole red area and repaint it?

See if you can touch it up, if not strip the paint and redo the whole thing.

Back