Hot Toys - Joker (Bank Robber Ver 2.0) (2014 Toy Fair EX) photos by [JingoBell]

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I honestly feel that for me personally this release has made me re evaluate my hot toys collection as a whole. Iv been in since 2008 with the batman mms 67, bought loads of figures, vehicles, multiples. But when they show the contempt for the customer- loyal or new-with this pricing for a bare boned figure because in there eyes if will sell well regardless. They have lost sight in what they were in the first place.
Pioneers of amazing 1/6 scale - or any other scale to to that matter -figures we'd never seen the likes of before.to become this.... I'm out

Cool looking fig for sure, I was lucky enough to pick up the first BR Joker, back when Hot Toy figs weren't too crazy in price. Really what people are paying for with so called Toy Fair Exclusive's is the limited number which are made, it just comes down to supply & demand.
Hot Toy figs are very pricey now though. I have limited myself to 3 or 4 figs a year now.

Marty McFly - All new figure from top to bottom, all new sculpt and . . . the correct watch $224 WAIT LISTED IN ONE DAY

Bank Robber Joker - a repaint of a 6 year old figure, same headsculpt . . . wrong watch $270 STILL IN STOCK
Marty is waistlisted?! Damn, you go Marty.

Suck it crappy Ledger re-issue.

:lol

Excited to get mine. Love all the improved bells and whistles. (Still wish he had an extra mask to hold, though.)

Me too!! Could care less what others think. If they don't want it they don't have to buy it.

The figure is a money grab, but at least on the bright side, the figure taught me that the Joker had a swatch of cloth attached to the bomb. I always assumed it was just a piece of string tied to a belt loop, or something. I never saw any big purple swatch.

Some new pics of this guy. Not bad - but not good too. :lol

https://toysdaily.com/discuz/thread-226598-1-1.html

Interesting to see those Toys Daily pics. I think Jingo's pics are great (as always) but heavily colour grading and contrasting them have made the figure look a lot better than it is.

In the Toys Daily pics he reminds me a little of the very first V1 joker, which is just bizarre in 2014.

The figure is a money grab, but at least on the bright side, the figure taught me that the Joker had a swatch of cloth attached to the bomb. I always assumed it was just a piece of string tied to a belt loop, or something. I never saw any big purple swatch.
I didn't know either until Ecko added it custom BRJ.

It would have been cool to see them go all out with this release like the 2.0. Two new sculpt, one being the smiley "makes you stranger" scene. Newly tailored outfit with the correct color shirt this time. They could have done "real" shoes like they did with the 2.0. Maybe made a bit more effort and came up with some new hand gesture instead of the same one they use for every release. Added the machine gun to this release, and a second duffle bag w/money.
And they could have added another bank robber clown mask as an exclusive.

Did you miss the first one 5 years ago?

I have to say, looks exactly the same. What's new here? Or is this simply a straight re-issue?

He has a shotgun and an ugly looking bit of purple cloth at the back now... :lol

There's been some other minor tweaking as well, and a fused mask, which I'm not personally a big fan of, but honestly, the price point on such a blatant re-release is kind of insulting. Re-releasing product is one thing, trying to squeeze customers for every last dime while doing so, without offering anything new or much improved as part of the experience is something else entirely...

It's funny, I remember when these were flooding Ebay for quite a while back in the day. Got mine for a hundred bucks. Shipped. Still have it, still happy with it, and have not even an ounce of desire to replace it.

As for those late to the game that like it, and are willing to pay the price demanded, best of luck to you all, hope you enjoy it for as long as I enjoyed the previous version.

There is no big swatch of cloth in the film, it's a common misconception. The grenade is actually just attached to the lining of his suit jacket.

Beautiful pix JingoBell!!! I think it looks far superior than v1. Can't wait to get him :)

Back