This poll spoils a GOTG cameo

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Which MCU Thanos is your favorite?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: MCU Thanos Preference?

After watching GOTG, I'm going to say Avengers because he looked too CGI in GOTG. The costume was fine and I like the voice and his attitude.

People that are saying they would prefer the guy from avengers play him, please thing about what you're saying.

Brolin Thanos for me, no comparison.

GOTG but with this skin tone:

VxQnkH2.jpg

I think the GOTG Thanos looks too human.

photo%202.JPG

I much prefer the Avengers version. Apparently he was portrayed by this guy, Damion Poitier. Shame he's not a big-enough Hollywood actor to portray a villain of that caliber.

tumblr_mayt28XdkT1r1fbqco2_500.jpg

Thanos-Avengers.png

Either the Avengers version or the look from this concept model would've been great:

348_large.jpg

Dont like the chin lines going up under the eyes, the helmet needs changing and the eyes need to be bigger I think and maybe the chin needs to be thinner.

Black eyes would've been nice.

But to be honest, all of this is nitpicking. Its an awesome looking Thanos, and the animators did a helluva job.

I don't like the big lips on the GOTG version. The original didn't have the large upper lip and looked more like the comic version...which is the look that I prefer. I still like him and the voice sounds awesome.

I think the GOTG Thanos looks too human.

photo%202.JPG

I much prefer the Avengers version. Apparently he was portrayed by this guy, Damion Poitier. Shame he's not a big-enough Hollywood actor to portray a villain of that caliber.

tumblr_mayt28XdkT1r1fbqco2_500.jpg

Thanos-Avengers.png

Another big difference are the eyes. Damion Poitier has very distinctive, large evil looking eyes, and the new Thanos has very tiny eyes like Josh Brolin.

The new Thanos basically looks like a purple Josh Brolin, which is not a bad thing, but the original looked more menacing and evil, and GOTG version, not so much. They also gave Thanos in GOTG, Josh Brolin's lips. Hopefully, they will change the look by the time they use him again, like they did with Hulk in Avengers.

The new Thanos basically looks like a purple Josh Brolin, which is not a bad thing, but the original looked more menacing and evil, and GOTG version, not so much. They also gave Thanos in GOTG, Josh Brolin's lips. Hopefully, they will change the look by the time they use him again, like they did with Hulk in Avengers.

That's the thing. Damion's Thanos was practically a dead ringer for how the character looks in the comics. I dig the idea of Brolin playing the Mad Titan, but the execution just feels like a missed opportunity seeing as how they nailed Thanos the first time.

That's the thing. Damion's Thanos was practically a dead ringer for how the character looks in the comics. I dig the idea of Brolin playing the Mad Titan, but the execution just feels like a missed opportunity seeing as how they nailed Thanos the first time.

Yeah, hopefully Joss Whedon will redesign the character. Is Josh Brolin playing Thanos using the motion capture, or is he just doing the voice? Because if he's just doing the voice, just get Damion Poitier to play Thanos again. And if they don't, they can still make Thanos look like he did in the first film.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back