Bd Mk 42 sideshow coming soon

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Motuxmen

Super Freak
Reaction score
Anyone else see that sideshow has a new Mk 42 BD figure listed in the coming soon section? Sorry if this is listed elsewhere. But since it's a new separate figure and I didn't see a thread I was curious

image.jpgimage.jpg

Pretty sure it was established this was for the accessories set. That's not a new figure just the same bd as the normal mk42 has.

image.jpgThis page from sideshow reads the same as the upcoming arkham batman figure, and not like the iron man 3 accessory set. And since that set has the battery in it already, I can't see them offering another set with the battery. I think it's a figure. Especially since it actually says 1:6 scale figure not accessory set. Compare the batman figure upcoming info. Exactly the same, and I am sure no one thinks it's an add on pack.

Thats the preview for the accesory pack, someone posted that he asked sideshow at SDCC booth about that and sideshow admited that its a typo on their part.

Then why do they have the accessory pack ALSO listed on the site. I called and asked a friend that works their and was told it's a figureimage.jpg

I just don't see why they would have it listed both separately and stated as a figure if it was a typo

all the mark 42s are already battle damaged....remember the arms are breaking off. good enough for me ;)

Would be a stupid release.

Not only does the Mk 42 come with swap out BD parts, it comes with the BD Stark sculpt as well.

That was something the BD Mk 7 had over the regular release.

Last edited:
Hot Toys even uses that image for the accessory set. I think there was some miscommunication between SSC and HT based on the preview photo. I don't understand why you're being so combative about this. Do you really want a further battle damaged Mk 42?

Only thing I could possibly see them doing is making it separate like Bones to recreate the Mk 42's remarkable collapse into a pile feature. :lol

10376150_10152198878517344_1569255594375598210_n.jpg

Hot Toys even uses that image for the accessory set. I think there was some miscommunication between SSC and HT based on the preview photo. I don't understand why you're being so combative about this. Do you really want a further battle damaged Mk 42?

Only thing I could possibly see them doing is making it separate like Bones to recreate the Mk 42's remarkable collapse into a pile feature. :lol

10376150_10152198878517344_1569255594375598210_n.jpg

How exactly am I being combative about this? Because I asked a question? Because that's what I did. And I got a different response then was stated here when I asked sideshow about this being just a pack or a figure. As for the Mk 42 coming with bd parts...maybe this is a non diecast figure. It's these photos that are why I'm questioning. Just because they reuse a promo pic for two items doesn't mean there are not two figures. Maybe they just don't want to reveal the figure yet. image.jpg image.jpg

Last edited:
I almost feel like it's a touchy thing to do starting a new thread about a topic that could be asked in previously created threads.

But i do believe it's just the accessories HT is promoting and not an entirely new figure.

How exactly am I being combative about this? Because I asked a question? Because that's what I did. And I got a different response then was stated here when I asked sideshow about this being just a pack or a figure. As for the Mk 42 coming with bd parts...maybe this is a non diecast figure. It's these photos that are why I'm questioning. Just because they reuse a promo pic for two items doesn't mean there are not two figures. Maybe they just don't want to reveal the figure yet.

Hey hey, easy there. :lol I said it because a couple people up there gave you responses along thr same vein (it's for the accessory set/typo/not gonna happen), but you keep countering all of us like you really want this figure to happen or something. I just found it amusing. :wink1: And yes CTO15 is correct, technically this would've been better asked in the existing Mk 42 thread.

Well, hope they make a BD Mk 42 now just so you can prove us all wrong. :duff

Hey hey, easy there. :lol I said it because a couple people up there gave you responses along thr same vein (it's for the accessory set/typo/not gonna happen), but you keep countering all of us like you really want this figure to happen or something. I just found it amusing. :wink1: And yes CTO15 is correct, technically this would've been better asked in the existing Mk 42 thread.

Well, hope they make a BD Mk 42 now just so you can prove us all wrong. :duff

I countered only because I had counter info. And honestly, I don't actually want a BD version. I don't much care for the BD look. On any figure. And yes I heard that someone asked at SDCC about this, and was told it was a typo. I also asked and was told something else. Called a few contacts at sideshow and was also told it was listed as an upcoming figure. I'm not saying they are right, nor am I asking for this figure. But given that sideshow has now updated their site after comic con a couple times and this is still listed, and is listed in addition to the set that a few have said it was a typo for, and that when I asked was told it was not a typo and was an upcoming figure I still was not convinced it wasn't.

Hot toys could easily use part of the power pose Mk 42 tooling to make a non diecast Mk 42, and to make it differ from the diecast in more then just material they could make it a BD version. So a plastic Mk 42 BD as it were. Given that there is interest in a non diecast version and they have the tooling I don't see why they wouldn't.

As for me starting a new thread...i was asking about a separately advertised(if that ad is a mistake it's not mine) figure, and I thought that was ok for a thread . And I also was unaware the internet was in fact running out of room and that the thread police where taking note. :)

Interesting that this is still listed on sideshows site. Maybe I'm not such an idiot huh? Nearly a month would be a long time to leave something that's a typo...

Interesting that this is still listed on sideshows site. Maybe I'm not such an idiot huh? Nearly a month would be a long time to leave something that's a typo...

I agree it is odd that they haven't fixed it if it really is a mistake but who knows. I feel like we would have seen something from Hot Toys on their site about it or even something at one of the toy fairs. I wouldn't get your hopes up though....but I have to admit it is odd that we didn't get a movie promo from Iron Man 3 considering it is their favorite line of figures to make.

Back