Art prints ***may*** be sold separately

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Rulk

Super Freak
Reaction score
Lately a lot of these art prints especially for the DC line have been sought out for purchase. During Comic Con I was notified that moving forward SSC ***may*** sell art prints on their website completely separate from their respective statues. What are your guys thoughts?

Honestly, I really like Ariel Olivettis, and Art Germs work and I would buy more prints to have them displayed with my favorite purchases. I think the reason why SSC stopped including them with the EXs is due to fan complaints. Moving forward I think it's an excellent idea and the prints could possibly be more limited than had they been included with the statues.

I would buy an Apocalypse, Gladiator Hulk, Joker, Batman, Poison Ivy, Catwoman, Batgirl print for sure

Why not? It sounds like a good idea. I never really cared for art prints myself. I much prefer a awesome switch out feature for my statues instead of an art print. However, this allows anyone who wants the print to purchase one. I'm really indifferent either way. I won't be purchasing any of them. All the ones I already have are just in their respective art boxes.

They'd all have to be a uniformed size though for me to jump on the bandwagon... And larger than an 8 by 11

Good God yes, please. I just said this over on SF, but I think there's a lot of $ to be made by making these available. Every time a gorgeous new piece of concept art for a statue pops up everyone laments on how they'd love to have the print. Never mind the demand for Artgerm's art in general. I think it would be a great idea.

only if they're signed and numbered. I'm still agitated the Queen of the dead art by Lau was only sold in one shot to ppl at one event. SS is making 3000 of that statue, but Lau only sold 50 prints, lame.

Honestly it would be sweet if they limited them to 100-150 prints at $29.99-69.99 a pop.

It would keep interest in the exclusivity and secondary markets. I like the fact that there wouldn't be 3000 prints of Queen of the Dead but relatively a small percentage. That way it still keeps interest high in both markets.

As much as I want to, I am not touching the Court of the Dead line until they finish my prized X-Men PFs and they better do a bang up job on the remaining, also would like to complete my Avengers line. I was told they would finish both lines ... eventually.

Ant-Man, Wasp, Luke Cage, Quicksilver and the remaining Gold and Blue team members before any new line I start.

I'd only buy prints of statues that I felt were executed exceptionally or I had the means to keep them in my collection. I wouldn't care about exclusivity, but hopefully would generate revenue for SSC for them to step up their game with regards to the paint production on statues.

Honestly it would be sweet if they limited them to 100-150 prints at $29.99-69.99 a pop.

It would keep interest in the exclusivity and secondary markets. I like the fact that there wouldn't be 3000 prints of Queen of the Dead but relatively a small percentage. That way it still keeps interest high in both markets.

As much as I want to, I am not touching the Court of the Dead line until they finish my prized X-Men PFs and they better do a bang up job on the remaining, also would like to complete my Avengers line. I was told they would finish both lines ... eventually.

Ant-Man, Wasp, Luke Cage, Quicksilver and the remaining Gold and Blue team members before any new line I start.

I'd only buy prints of statues that I felt were executed exceptionally or I had the means to keep them in my collection. I wouldn't care about exclusivity, but hopefully would generate revenue for SSC for them to step up their game with regards to the paint production on statues.

I think it will be the opposite. An abundance of art prints.

I think it's a good idea. :lecture

Hey Sideshow...

nFSebim.gif

No reason not to. It's a very lucrative business with an ever hungry market. They've sold prints before and still have a couple up so there's precedent.

100% yes! Now, if they could frame them.. That'd be even better hah. Exclusive Sideshow frames! Okay that sounds awesome to me honestly.

Back