Bats v Supes VS Star Wars Ep7

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What are you more excited for?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
City damage is collateral. If two god-like beings go to war in a majorly populated city... Bad ****s going to happen. Can't argue about Pa Kent, but it was a pivotal moment in the movie to see that he had the power/ability to save Pa, but respected him enough to listen to him.

everyone says how come superman didn't take Zod to a desolate area.

I Love Man of Steel, I think it was great. I love it more than the original movies. I'm just saying the hate always is about the destruction at the end, about superman killing Zod, about superman destroying that drone etc

I've never read a Superman comic in my life, so I don't think I'd qualify as a purist.

I'm not one of those people who gets off on bashing movies just for the sake of it, I wanted to like it, I really did. If I recall, my main problems were that it felt very rushed (not enough time to flesh out the story properly) and poorly written. I disliked the acting, which I felt was too cornball, and for some reasn Amy Adams really rubbed me the wrong way in this film and how she made stupid decisions for no other reason than moving the story along. I felt like it was all flash over substance.

I had other problems with it, but to remember would take a second viewing. And honestly, I respect that some did enjoy it and my motivation isnt to pee in anybodys cornflakes.

There's that too.

I feel like this happens often in first installments in franchises. The main character is focused overly, and important side characters were often overlooked. But this is important in story telling. They needed to test the viewing pool to see if people liked cavill and this superman first and foremost. I understand your complaints, and recognize them... But they really just sound like person issues. Nothing to do with the movie. Haha

Disliking the acting, cornball, and Amy Adams. The acting and cast was great. I did feel they might have been held back a bit in fear Henry Cavill might get out acted in his superstar debut. The cornball/tongue in cheek humor was refreshing and different than marvel which was nice, and I felt it fit the grittier aspect of these films pretty well. And Amy Adams role definitely wasn't significant enough in this film to justify hating it. Haha. She will have a much larger role in the next supes standalone and possibly even BvS.

It's all opinions though man. I can respect the fact that you didn't like it, it's entirely up to you. Just like having conversations and debates about movies. It's awesome!

everyone says how come superman didn't take Zod to a desolate area.

I Love Man of Steel, I think it was great. I love it more than the original movies. I'm just saying the hate always is about the destruction at the end, about superman killing Zod, about superman destroying that drone etc

Oh, I see. Yeah I agree. Most of the hate is from purist that wish this just turned superman would have taken this small militia to space or something and "stopped" them all, bending their own ship metal around their wrists as hand cuffs, and taken them to prison. Even though every single person on Zods ship was far better trained than him.

^doesnt that logic seem completely unrealistic to anyone else? Death and destruction is inevitable in situations like that brought to real life.

Also, glad you liked MoS! I loved it as well.

Batman vs. Superman by default. Star Wars: fool me three or more times, shame on you.

Seriously X-Men Age of Apocalypse will blow them both away quality-wise if Singer directs.

Agreed!!!

I expect it to be another sleeper hit like DOFP was.

Oh, I see. Yeah I agree. Most of the hate is from purist that wish this just turned superman would have taken this small militia to space or something and "stopped" them all, bending their own ship metal around their wrists as hand cuffs, and taken them to prison. Even though every single person on Zods ship was far better trained than him.

^doesnt that logic seem completely unrealistic to anyone else? Death and destruction is inevitable in situations like that brought to real life.

Also, glad you liked MoS! I loved it as well.

there's a joke in how it should have ended that people hated superman for the destruction caused but everyone cheers for Godzilla even though he created more destruction than Superman lol

Why do so many hate Man of Steel with a passion? Is it just the purists in you?

It just was a leaden film. Nothing about it resonated with me. Superman the Movie may have the most absurd plot device ever (fly around the world backwards to reverse time), but it had real heart. Lois & Clark is 90's cheese, but again has heart. Superman the Animated Series also much more emotional resonance.

This will be the first Star Wars in 30 years that actually matters.

Actually, I think it's been 31 since Return of the Jedi, and it'll be almost 33 by the time we see this. That's a long time between Star Wars movies. I wonder if we'll ever get to see what happened before the original trilogy?

I have higher potential excitement for Ep. VII, but both have such large potential for disappointment.

The stakes are higher for Ep. VII - higher reward, higher letdown.

For BvS, my hope (and expectation) is that Batfleck kills it, and gets his own awesome movie. A good rest of the movie would just be gravy.

I have higher potential excitement for Ep. VII, but both have such large potential for disappointment.

The stakes are higher for Ep. VII - higher reward, higher letdown.

For BvS, my hope (and expectation) is that Batfleck kills it, and gets his own awesome movie. A good rest of the movie would just be gravy.

there is more of a chance for BVS to fail than there is for star wars.

And there are more reasons to think that Star wars will be really good than reasons to think BvS Will be good

I'm excited for both but BvS a bit more... I'm a bigger fan of Batman than I am of Star Wars and I feel like I've been waiting for a good Batman film since Returns.

there is more of a chance for BVS to fail than there is for star wars.

And there are more reasons to think that Star wars will be really good than reasons to think BvS Will be good

Yes. But if SW isn't good, it will be a bigger letdown. Hence, higher stakes.

The new Star War flicks will just be retreads of other two trilogies.

But Batman and Superman have never been together in a live action movie...... So that is my pick.

I will see both movies and I hope to enjoy them both. I feel like I've been able to enjoy some of the Superman and Batman stuff in the last few years. It hasn't been since Empire that Star Wars really hit on all pistons. For that reason I've missed "real" SW but haven't missed Superman or Batman.

I'm anxious to see what fresh talent behind the camera can do. I want SW to be cool again. Not silly, or legos, or Robot Chicken, or any of the child oriented stuff Disney DX will crank out. I want to see a real no-bull**** Star Wars movie with the real characters and have it kick ass.

I'm really digging the designs for both movies so far, but the prequels really burned me. So while I'm hesitant with batfleck i'm almost more hesitant to believe that we're going to get another three star wars films that are as good as the OT. :huh

With that said I really do hope both are great.

Damn you Oscorp, this is a tough one. Everything Star Wars put to any sized screen since 1983 has been a big turn-off. But on the other hand:

Han Solo, Princess Leia and Luke Skywalker are going to be on the big screen again in a new Star Wars film.

Need I go on?

I'm certainly excited to see BvS but at the same time MOS wasn't great and I can't help but think of how much better the impossible dream of Reeve/Keaton would have been.

Back