Any Meat Eaters on this board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I've never tried buffalo because I heard it was extremely lean, and I've never liked moose for exactly that reason. Again, though, probably how it was cooked.

Kobe beef is amazing. I've only had it on hors d'oeuvres at a wedding though, because, you know, I'm poor.

Moose is delicious. My Sgt. is an avid hunter and went to Canada to get a moose and gave me a couple pounds, tasty tasty. He also gave me orix and wild boar. Orix was great, boar was ok. Buffalo burgers are alright, heard so much about how great buffalo is but I wasn't too impressed.

Best burger I ever had was a kobe beef burger in Vegas.

Wanna try bear.

I won't eat bear either. Predator animal. To me that's like eating a tiger or a wolf.

I've never tried buffalo because I heard it was extremely lean, and I've never liked moose for exactly that reason. Again, though, probably how it was cooked.

Kobe beef is amazing. I've only had it on hors d'oeuvres at a wedding though, because, you know, I'm poor.

I've never heard of Kobe beef.

I'm poor too. I think Texas Roadhouse steaks are amazing. I'd never pay $50+ for a steak.

I won't eat bear either. Predator animal. To me that's like eating a tiger or a wolf.

Why is eating a predator animal different than eating a non-predator? I've had fried gator ... which is a predator. I've heard of people eating shark, though I never have. Never had bear, or tiger, or wolf -- but, given the opportunity, I don't imagine I'd pass.

I've never heard of Kobe beef.

I'm poor too. I think Texas Roadhouse steaks are amazing. I'd never pay $50+ for a steak.

I've had a Kobe burger. Good. Its essentially meat from a really pampered Japanese cow.

I get most of my restaurant steaks from Outback, Saltgrass or Longhorn. Good steaks. $30 or less, so not horrifically expensive given that I tend toward the biggest one they've got. We save the $50+ steakhouses for special occasions a few times a year. I want to eat steaks much more often than that, though.

The Taste of Texas (https://tasteoftexas.com/) is our favorite high end steakhouse. Ruth's Chris, Perry's, Shula's, etc. are all really good, though. Always bothered me that Ruth's Chris couldn't manage to throw in the baked potato for free when you've just bought a $60 steak, though. Seems bizarre to upcharge for normal sides at a high-end joint like that.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:

I had a buffalo steak once and it was juicy and tangy. It was much leaner than most sirloin. It was a rather different experience. I believe it is less unhealthy than beef.

I had a buffalo steak once and it was juicy and tangy. It was much leaner than most sirloin. It was a rather different experience. I believe it is less unhealthy than beef.

Its leaner than most beef ... though probably not really lean cuts like filets. Saturated fat isn't at all as unhealthy as people think, though.

A study recently funded by the British Heart Foundation has really put the fat in the pan and made it sizzle. Having pooled the results of 72 previous studies, researchers found that although trans fats increase the risk of heart disease, they could find no significant evidence that eating saturated fats does.

https://www.independent.ie/life/hea...s-not-as-unhealthy-as-you-think-30468627.html

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
Why is eating a predator animal different than eating a non-predator? I've had fried gator ... which is a predator. I've heard of people eating shark, though I never have. Never had bear, or tiger, or wolf -- but, given the opportunity, I don't imagine I'd pass.

I've had a Kobe burger. Good. Its essentially meat from a really pampered Japanese cow.

I get most of my restaurant steaks from Outback, Saltgrass or Longhorn. Good steaks. $30 or less, so not horrifically expensive given that I tend toward the biggest one they've got. We save the $50+ steakhouses for special occasions a few times a year. I want to eat steaks much more often than that, though.

The Taste of Texas (https://tasteoftexas.com/) is our favorite high end steakhouse. Ruth's Chris, Perry's, Shula's, etc. are all really good, though. Always bothered me that Ruth's Chris couldn't manage to throw in the baked potato for free when you've just bought a $60 steak, though. Seems bizarre to upcharge for normal sides at a high-end joint like that.

SnakeDoc

I guess I should've said Predator mammals (hopefully that answers your question, Blackthornone. I don't think of fish as animals. And no, please don't school me on it). There are less predator MAMMALS than what I call "feeder" animals that are raised in quantity or animals that reproduce fast.

Mind you I have no problem with anybody eating, or not eating anything, but we all have out quirks.

I doubt any of you would eat dog, cat or rats like other countries do.

Sirloin and T-bones are my least favorite steaks. I love a good strip or ribeye.

I doubt any of you would eat dog, cat or rats like other countries do.

It makes no real sense to me that humans would eat a pig, for example, but not a dog.

Presumably because they're 'friends'. But we'll let them be locked up in a pound, euthanised or suffer in the streets.

So many insects around that are a nutritious food source also - but we can't move past the 'ick' factor.

I would eat bugs if they were fried or made into a burger or something. I remember hearing about worm hamburgers. I wouldn't mind eating one.

or a rat burger like in Demolition Man for example :lol if it looks good and it tastes good then down the hatch!

Wagyu beef is incredibly expensive but holy **** is it good. I had a 4-ounce Wagyu steak that cost $150 during a stay in Vegas. The only reason I ordered it was because it was comped and figured I'd never get another chance to eat a free $150 steak. They took away my knife and gave me a spoon to cut it. It was by far the best steak I've ever had.

my8a7a4y.jpg

It makes no real sense to me that humans would eat a pig, for example, but not a dog.

Presumably because they're 'friends'. But we'll let them be locked up in a pound, euthanised or suffer in the streets.

So many insects around that are a nutritious food source also - but we can't move past the 'ick' factor.

No way would I eat a bug unless I had to. You do what you have to do to survive, but until then. No. Texture alone....No! :lol

I think rats are taboo because of all the diseases they can carry. Though if raised for food, that wouldn't be the case.

Dogs, cats and horses too are a no no to me.

well I wouldn't pick up bugs and ants from the floor and eat them lol :lol
I'm just saying if a cook took them, fry them together and gave them to me in a hamburger bun with mayo and ketchup I would probably eat it, but NO WAY would I eat raw bugs.
Rats, yeah like you said if they are clean and everything i wouldn't care. Just as long as it is cooked or fried it would be alright.

Cats or dogs, I couldn't eat them, not because of sentimental reasons but it would be gross. Kind of like eating a human or something. just thinking about it feels kind of gross.

In Beijing one time I was fine with trying these:

china-beijing-scorpion-snack-comp-1068

...but didn't have the stomach to try these:

Deep-fried-scorpion-snack-001.jpg

I don't think they would've been gooey though - all those things are so heavily fried and heavily salted they're kind of like potato chips.

I
I don't think they would've been gooey though - all those things are so heavily fried and heavily salted they're kind of like potato chips.

Exactly!!! they are probably hard and crispy. you probably couldn't tell the difference with potato chips except the taste maybe.

In Beijing one time I was fine with trying these:

china-beijing-scorpion-snack-comp-1068

...but didn't have the stomach to try these:

Deep-fried-scorpion-snack-001.jpg

Both scorpion species I've owned. :(

Back