Any Meat Eaters on this board?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just read about a 50/50 bacon burger. Take ground beef and bacon in a blender and then patty that **** up! Its hard to imagine anything better than that. :rock :rock :rock

:drool

I don't go for great slabs of it unless the mood takes me. I prefer smaller portions.

I try to eat fish once a week, and red meat no more than 3-4 times a week.

I love rubbish meat too, like hotdogs.

Roast lamb, nom nom.

Roast chicken, oooh baby.

Whole fried red snapper *groan.

Frikkin' Friday night meat taco with a cold beer, derishussh!

I just read about a 50/50 bacon burger. Take ground beef and bacon in a blender and then patty that **** up! Its hard to imagine anything better than that. :rock :rock :rock

OK, I'll give it a go, but... what happens to the crispiness? Is the meat patty full of popping crunchiness? Or is it just infused with bacony flavour?

Hebrew Nationals are the best hot dogs ever.

That sounds downright satanic. :monkey5

I started making cheeseburgers with shredded cheese and bacon bits. Cover the pan and it melts down the sides of the patty, and makes a ring of burnt cheese underneath.

Most definitely. The benefits of eating a strictly no meat diet versus one that includes meat doesn't seem worth it to me. Just the quick searching I've done show a longer life span of as little as 3 years to as long as 7. Now that is of course eating relatively healthy. I'm sure the results would be different if you ate red meat every night. So to give up a juicy tasty steak cooked to medium rare on a grill for an extra 5 years? I don't think so.

I've recently cut back on the amount of red meat I eat, but oh yeah...it's good and I eat it.

32820130530184.jpg

steaks08.jpg

tumblr_mjooftWqvq1rutx6lo1_500.gif

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
It's hard to find a good steak these days

Sam's Club sells really good steaks. Its like $30 for 6 or 7 filets, or $25 for four or five strips or ribeyes. Nice, thick cut. My wife uses Alton Brown's cast-iron skillet steak recipe. Beautiful medium rare steak, everytime. Restaurant quality, half the price.

I've recently cut back on the amount of red meat I eat, but oh yeah...it's good and I eat it.

I've actually increased the amount of red meat I'm eating. I read excerpts of a book about dieting for men, which has the theory that men's diets ought to be about maximizing natural testosterone production -- which builds muscle, increases energy, and burns fat (among other things) -- rather than the calorie counting, or low fat, or whatever that goes with diets for women.

It turns out testosterone production is heavily linked to protein and fat intake. Lots of steaks, and bacon and eggs. Its tough. Heh.

SnakeDoc

Anybody had any exotic or unusual meat (outside of the normal beef, pork, chicken, turkey, fish, shellfish)? I've had bison, rattlesnake and alligator. Frog legs. Ostrich. Duck. Squid. Mutton. Quail. Haven't tried elk yet, though there's a restaurant in Houston that serves elk chops. Haven't had much venison. Aunt cooked some a time or two when I was a kid ... but that woman can't cook for crap, so it was a bit like gnawing on the heel of my boot. Didn't like it at all. I need to try it again with a cook that knows the meaning of "medium rare".

Any recommendations?

SnakeDoc

I've had deer, rabbit, squirrel, turtle. Have tried snails. Not for me. Used to like pickled pigs feet as a kid but haven't had them since forever. Like anchovies on pizza but no one else does so I go without.

I've had deer, rabbit, squirrel, turtle. Have tried snails. Not for me. Used to like pickled pigs feet as a kid but haven't had them since forever. Like anchovies on pizza but no one else does so I go without.

Never had several of those -- I've heard of people having rabbit or squirrel, but never had the chance. I don't like oysters or clams because they're too slimy for me ... so I figure snails aren't for me either.

On another note ... I saw a recipe for a bacon bloody mary recently.

P1050925x.jpg

I drink virgin bloody marys for breakfast probably three times a week. Never even thought of adding bacon. Sounds genius. Trying to figure how to bacon-ize it without the bacon-infused vodka. We bought some bacon salt yesterday ... we'll see if that works.

SnakeDoc

I did not know that. Never even considered kangaroo. Anywhere Stateside you can get kangaroo meat? Do you grill it ... like a steak or chops? Or a make a burger?

ETA ... since my Google ain't broke, I went ahead and searched like I should've before I asked. Apparently Houston has a Wild Game Grill (https://sammyswildgamegrill.com/). Serves kangaroo burgers, llama burgers, camel burgers, antelope, elk, pheasant. Etc.

Might have to take the family out for an exotic burger.

SnakeDoc

Last edited:
I'm in Australia, so it's not hard to find - dunno 'bout the States though. Grilled or lightly pan-fried is best, but there's a fine line between tough and tender 'cause it's so lean. And just a tiny amount of your preferred sauce, no drizzlin' :)

Back