Zach Oat of Diamond Select teases new mystery license

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Otomofan

Super Freak
Reaction score
In the same interview he confirms that Pulp Fiction stuff is still on track, he also alluded to pursuing a license that would surprise a lot of people.

My first thought was "Blade Runner" but he said that this was a license that HAS had toys already, but they intended to make them better.

So now my prediction is "The Matrix" cause that fits the criteria.

The whole interview is up on toplessrobot and I thought it was awesome...he was so straightforward and didn't hide behind lame corporate excuses like Hasbro and Mattel.

So.....any other speculations?

Hopefully not another overpriced Mego figure with two heads! Jesus. What a rip off!

I don't know...maybe I misunderstood, but I got the impression he was alluding to more of a movie/realistic license than just cartoons or minimates.

Just to clarify - he's talking about the 6 inch "Select" style. Based on what he said, "Matrix" is a good guess. Hope to reveal by NYCC.

Licenses usually cross product lines w DST, barring license restrictions (ie, no 66 Batman minifigs). So, you might get Select type figures, Minimates. Vinyl banks, bottle openers, etc. They've already had the Ghostbusters license for several products.

Proper Ghostbusters in 6" scale would be amazing.

With Mattel announcing RGB it would seem they have moved on entirely from the original movies. At least once the already in production packless variants are released.

Proper Ghostbusters in 6" scale would be amazing.

With Mattel announcing RGB it would seem they have moved on entirely from the original movies. At least once the already in production packless variants are released.
I suspect Mattel has a firm hold on that license. DST does 8" or so Marvel figures because Hasbro has the 6" license.

Back