Hello from Colorado~! :D

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

KasaraWolf

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
Hello!

My name is Sarah and I decided to join this forum, since I own a couple Sideshow's/Hot Toys myself :lol:

I am 23 years old, and only just found out back in January of 2011 that Sideshow/Hot Toys existed XDDD I am a big toy collector, and seeing the figures and statues this company has made, I just needed them in my collection! I am the only one of my friends/family that collect them, so I can't really share my excitement or love with them. They are just like "Oh, cool, waste of money, but cool." Soooo, here I am XD
I am an artist, so I love to draw and animate. I also do some vlogging and such on my youtube channel, and also have an ebay account where I buy toys from thrift stores and sell them so I can buy items for my collection XD My main collections are Tiger & Bunny, The Walking Dead (Figures), Harry Potter (I have mostly all the NECA FIGURES brand new in their boxes still), Furby's, Pokemon Plushies, and much MUCH more. I really love to collect things okay haha. I am really proud of my Sideshows and Hot Toys though, mostly because I saved up to own the ones I have. So they are very special to me~ :)

My first Sideshow was a Lord of the Rings Sam Wise 1/6 figure I bought off ebay in FEB 2011. I got him for $29.99 in AWESOME condition with box and such (Now, he costs soooo much!) a couple weeks later, I found a Frodo 1/6 online as well and so bidded on him and won for $40. It said in the description that he was only ever displayed in a case and never taken out. So when I got him, I hoped he would be in great condition. And he was...until I took off his outfit. Something didn't feel right about his arm and my fears were confirmed when I took off his outfit, his arm came with it. By the time I found this out though, I could not file a dispute on ebay. He also had these two slash marks in his plastic on his chest. I think he may also have some paint damage on his nose or chin, but I can't tell if that's just the way it painted or not...

This is the only picture I could find. I didn't want to bother with removing his outfit right now. As you can see, his arm is COMPLETELY out of the socket. I looked in the figure to see if it could be put back in, but the place that holds the arm so it can move was in pieces. I still have the pieces in a bag, hoping I can find a way to fix him one day. Major bummer for me, expecting a perfect figure but getting a broken one instead. Poor Sam looks sad about it XD

370ba215-8fba-42af-bc5b-de2ac7a63df2_zpsb4859d9f.jpg

I also have quite a few other figures as well ^^ Here are all the ones I own...Sorry about the picture quality, I just took a quick picture of them with my phone ^^; I found Harry Osborn for $120 and Wolverine for $180 at a store near me that sells Sideshows (I saved for quite awhile to get them too! I don't have a real job, so yeah XD)

73795b02-ecf5-44f8-b657-5d96232a8643_zps1bf65946.jpg

2c4a176b-2af7-4ff8-ac2d-c08f7839c218_zps9afc713d.jpg

36e2aa6b-78d5-4022-8a53-dd1ab44527a2_zpsf2c941b4.jpg

About a month ago, I was doing my run of the thrift stores to see if I could buy anything to sell. Well, I surely was not expecting these two! Someone had dropped off their Lord of the Rings collection at a Salvation Army, which included these two statues! (They also had Gimli's axe, but I did not have enough at the time to purchase it)

6b7eb266-03be-473f-bab6-05fd3a7acfeb_zpsa200e89f.jpg

41fe4c06-286d-40e8-9797-dab29ef0d5e5_zps8677cca5.jpg

In total, these two only cost me $100!!! :D!!!!!!! They looked like they have never been removed from their boxes either ^0^ I have no place to really put Gandalf at the moment, because it is such a big statue. And Frodo, I might just end up selling on my ebay, since I am not really to fond of him. Maybe someone on here would like to add him to their collection and would enjoy him more than I do~

But yeah, this is my tiny little collection ^^ I hope to buy an Iron Man 1/6 one day, because I love RDJ's head sculpt ^___^ And A Lord of the Rings Statue of Sam and Frodo and Obi-Wan 1/6 as well~

I hope to talk to you guys soon~!

~KasaraWolf (Sarah)

Welcome to the site Sarah! :wave......Those are some very nice pieces you've got there :clap

Welcome! Congrats on the LOTR statues--crazy to think they'd end up at the Salvation Army somehow. Those surprise finds are rare but awesome when they happen.

Back