Go Hero Sheena, Queen of the Jungle

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BatToys

Freaked Out
Reaction score
This I want to buy two of.

Originally Posted by Go Hero:

I just posted a top secret behind the scenes photo image on Instagram of a new project - full announcement soon.

https://t.co/S09Wt62H27

BtZjFoCIgAADZGr.jpg

Whatever happened to Doc Savage?

From their Facebook yesterday:

Go Hero said:
Doc Savage Update: We are receiving final samples any day now. Assuming they are as represented in photos, the next few weeks will be final production, QC, packaging and shipping. Thanks so much for your patience. This one was much more challenging than we anticipated. I am not superstitious, however, feel free to cross your fingers if you like!

https://www.facebook.com/goheronews

If the portrait doesn't turn out as good as this statue it will be a fail. The Doc Savage head was kind of meh and Domino Lady was very close to looking like some of the Triad drag queens. I will pick up a couple of these if/when they get produced if the outfit turns out good. Maybe some custom sculptors will make a Tanya Roberts Sheena head? Looking forward to seeing how this progresses.

Sheena_Painted11.jpg

Yeah, as someone that has that statue, I really don't feel like I need anything else as far as Irish McCalla's Sheena goes.

I can't see a figure coming close to that, let alone surpassing it. But as always, I'd be happy to be proven wrong.

The Reelart Sheena statue is more of an animated style and the side profile of her nose is angled a little off; and I believe the Go Hero Sheena will be a realistic style. Plus it will be posable.

Irish Sheena side profile GH001 (1).jpg

More of an animated style? Really? The pose and gesture of the this statue seem very natural and suited for a representation based on a 1950's icon. The owner of Reelart told me that McCalla's family adored that statue. He also told me that a very famous celebrity that knew Irish bought one of the paintmasters of the Reelart Sheena. Rooted hair doesn't make a figure look more realistic and I seriously doubt anyone could pull off that hairstyle in any way but sculpting. Based on the Domino Lady, they need to make quite a leap to meet your expectations.

I love the statue and had one custom painted in the Fiction House colors. By realistic I mean on a Hot Toys level. I hope Go Hero achieves that.

Nothing they have done so far has shown they can do that. I have met some of the people involved and wish them nothing but success. Not everything that comes out has to be what people perceive as Hot Toys quality. Sheena is the type of property that very few people would pay HT prices for. As I said before I look forward to seeing what they come up with, but I'll be very surprised if this figure comes out close to what you seem to be expecting.

Perhaps Go Hero can hire the same sculptor who did the statue for the face?

I was impressed with how realistic their Commander Cody was. I hope their Sheena will look as good.

IMG_542747865971242.jpeg

Perhaps Go Hero can hire the same sculptor who did the statue for the face?

The irony here is the sculptor who did the Sheena statue use to work with Go Hero and Executive Replicas. Last I heard that was no longer the case. The head pictured in your post is a step back from the previous prototype which was sculpted by the Sheena sculptor, and looked more like George Wallace than this current portrait. fingers crossed that all these turn out great.

I didn't know Joy worked for Go Hero before. I'm curious what her Wallace sculpt looked like. Who sculpted the Wallace I posted?

Here is a picture of the Sheena Joy repainted for me in the burnt orange costume.

I didn't know Joy worked for Go Hero before. I'm curious what her Wallace sculpt looked like. Who sculpted the Wallace I posted?

Here is a picture of the Sheena Joy repainted for me in the burnt orange costume.

Back