Sideshow TMNT

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jjtt3766

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
HI, I'm new to statue collecting and I really like the TMNT line. I have been trying to do some research on them before I go out and spend the money to by them. I have found myself a bit confused. I have heard the regular sideshow turtles have a run of 600 and the exclusives have a run of 450 and the mousers exclusives have a run of 250. However, I have looked on ebay and craigs list and seen numbers that are not the same. for example there is an auction on ebay that has 2 exclusive turtles and 2 regular one of the regular is a donatello 173/400 which does not make since to me. Also there is someone on craigs list that has a post and it shows he has a exclusive raphael 0/450 he sent pics and it shows that on the base of the statue and on the art box. He said it doesn't say artist proof or sample. So is it a fake? could it be a sample? Are there any known fakes of the sideshow turtles. Someone please help me figure this out
Thanks

Someone can correct me if I am wrong but I thought for the Donatello they messed up and ended up producing more exclusive than regular.

I have a mikey that is unnumbered...if it has an art box then its pretty much legit. Its when theres no art box or anything that you have to wonder.

I love how theres more Donnie Ex's and hes the hardest for me to get haha

I have a mikey that is unnumbered...if it has an art box then its pretty much legit. Its when theres no art box or anything that you have to wonder.

I think if it was a reproduction they would not put a weird number on it to make it stand out. You should be ok.

Back