Freaktacular 2017

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Spooktacular 2014

I figure I should just get it over with and put myself up there....

Veil1.jpg

Oh man...................soooooooo awesome................he :rock:rock:rock

thanks tons veil.............damn !!! love it!!!!!!!!!

So awesome, Barryo! I love seeing my friends get these and be so happy.

The time draws closer....the countdown begins...

View attachment 133915

YES! A world of yes.

Close enough..... time to change the sig... Long live Spooktacular. :rock2

I want to put mine side by side, too.

I figure I should just get it over with and put myself up there....

View attachment 133941

Sweet. Looks great, Veil.

Veil, you have outdone yourself this year! If possible, I would love to get a Yoda one. To fit with your animated theme, Clone Wars Yoda would be fine... Or whatever you come up with. I admire your creativity. I'd greatly appreciate it!
I figured your PM box is probably exploding, so I'm just posting it here... Looking forward to seeing you in chat this year!

leia-what.gif

Everyone's theme is looking great! Fantastic work Veil!

I've gotta give props to you guys who want to try and keep Spooktacular alive, given that SSC really dropped the ball with it in the last few years IMO. It was always a marketing effort, but they've now focused squarely on casual collectors, or at least trying to obtain new customers. It's really a non-event for me now, but you guys are definitely keeping the spirit of the old Spooktacular going with the avatars and whatnot.

I've gotta give props to you guys who want to try and keep Spooktacular alive, given that SSC really dropped the ball with it in the last few years IMO. It was always a marketing effort, but they've now focused squarely on casual collectors, or at least trying to obtain new customers. It's really a non-event for me now, but you guys are definitely keeping the spirit of the old Spooktacular going with the avatars and whatnot.
We make our own fun. The chat room is a blast! It's a shame Sideshow changed the format. I hate social media. I understand how it can be handy, but in many ways, in just ruins things. I don't post on FB, and am proud of it. I only tweet for contests. That's it for me.

Something I've been playing with for this spooktacular is doing humorous takes on Veteran Freaks alteregos (avatars/screen names). As if we are kids trick or treating. Here is my first couple of Freaks. Let me know what you think and maybe I'll do more.

View attachment 133125
I've been reading backwards through this thread. Now I see what you're doing. Please make one for me! I look forward to seeing what creative design you come up with... TIA!

We make our own fun. The chat room is a blast! It's a shame Sideshow changed the format. I hate social media. I understand how it can be handy, but in many ways, in just ruins things. I don't post on FB, and am proud of it. I only tweet for contests. That's it for me.

I'll need to join the chat more this year, I remember it was a blast many years ago and I really did miss out on a good deal of sleep :lol

I'll need to join the chat more this year, I remember it was a blast many years ago and I really did miss out on a good deal of sleep :lol
YES, you must! It's a blast! I know last year we were at ROW during part of Spook. We probably wouldn't have done that back in the heyday of Spook. But nowadays, there's not much to miss over the weekend, other than chat (which we control). I think Waller skipped it last year, too.

Agree completely.

YES, you must! It's a blast! I know last year we were at ROW during part of Spook. We probably wouldn't have done that back in the heyday of Spook. But nowadays, there's not much to miss over the weekend, other than chat (which we control). I think Waller skipped it last year, too.

Yep, I gave it up last year. It's just not the same and I don't really have time for chat. I'm sure I won't be missed. :lol

:lol...........he's gonna love it.

just seeing what you come up with has me keeping close tabs on this thread. Great work v........:clap

Back