The dark knight rises film reel?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

creasy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Seen on eBay, anyone's thoughts on this? Iv not seen a film reel before. Are they really that rare?

If I've found the right one on eBay it's only the trailer. To be honest I've never seen a film reel from a blockbuster such as TDKR before.

Was it one reel or several? If I remember correctly, a full reel is only about 30 minutes, so the Dark Knight Rises would be 6 cans.

Yeah that's the one. I tried searching for other batman trailers and got nothing.

Reels for modern-day blockbuster trailers aren't that rare, per se, there just isn't much demand for them.

There are exceptions, of course - Star Wars fans are rabid, for instance. And the Jokerized "The Dark Knight" Trailer #3 that was given as a raffle prize to those engaged in the viral marketing campaign is both rare and highly desired.

Thinking about sticking a bid on this film reel, I messaged the guy and it seems totally legit. Think it'll be a cool thing to have?

Thinking about sticking a bid on this film reel, I messaged the guy and it seems totally legit. Think it'll be a cool thing to have?

Do you have a projector? And if so, how often would you play it?

I don't know...I'm not trying to bash your potential interest, but I don't understand the appeal if you're mostly just going to stick it on a shelf. It'll look just like any other film reel. At that point, you're just gathering and storing material things for the sake of having material things. For that kind of money, you might as well buy a figure that you can play with or - at the very least - pose and display in an interesting manner in your home.

If you're a film reel collector, I guess that'd be a different story. But then again, if you were a film reel collector, you wouldn't need to be asking us about this!

Valid points bud. Nope I don't have a projector, I'm thinking it's just a cool thing to have and I ain't ever seen another so maybe it could be worth something as an investment? I googled film
Cell trailers and they are extremely rare?

Anybody have any idea what this could be worth? I was gonna bid but it's already been bid on. Would be cool to have but not sure what it would be worth?

Since only one bid, not much interest. To me it would just be a dust magnet.

It's worth what you are willing to pay.

I only some trailer reels like Gremlins, Superman and they're just neat to have in a more high end collection like with movie props and posters. I don't think they're really worth much since they were mass produced. They also smell really bad :p

Back