What is the dumbest thing you've done with your SW collection? Any regrets?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matt S

Super Freak
CF Supporter
Reaction score
I was inspired to start this thread today when going through some of my vintage figures. Always trying to store them in the coolest room in the house - in TX living in a house built in 1928, so easy feat. Anyways, it brought back a flood of memories as a kid, and one dark memory when in my 20's

Dumbest thing I ever did that I can never take back in regards to my collection: I opened a VINTAGE Biker Scout figure......that was MOC

To this day, 15-20 years later that impulsive act haunts me.

I ask forgiveness, cause I have none for myself

What's your darkest moment (if at all)? Figured this would be a nice break from the 'Hot Toys > SSC' discussions that have dominated this week!

Back in 1982, I sold all my SW and ESB toys to my older brother for $110. He even had me sign a contract. :lol

I was getting into comics and figured I could use the money. Great decision, eh? Anyway, he ended up giving me all the toys back years later and is currently in the process of putting that contract in a shadow box for me. :rock

Haha yes! So many toys I bought in the 90s that are now worthless and now I have no interest in. I wish I bought more vintage 70s figures back then instead.

I remember being in High School and buying up all the early episode 1 figures thinking they would be worth something in 10-15 years. I think Toilet paper is worth more now. lol

lol on buying them - so true. I actually have my very first C-3P0 figure when I was six. Its not in great shape, but I always held onto it.

As far as the Vinyl Caped Jawa for $60 even 20 years ago that would have been unheard of. Wonder if it was a recard? I dunno!

I remember being in High School and buying up all the early episode 1 figures thinking they would be worth something in 10-15 years. I think Toilet paper is worth more now. lol

In high school I grabbed them all! I remember begging my mother to take me to Toysrus at midnight so I could load up on all the Episode I toys. 15 years later they sit in a crate likely to never be unearthed.

Also later in life I started collecting vintage loose SW again and thought it would be a good idea to Super Glue in their weapons!!!!!

Also selling vintage collection to buy POTF2 figures. Makes me still cry inside. Happy ending though, unloaded all the 3 3/4" figures, ships and 12" figures for a huge profit of a few thousand dollars before market crashed.:yess: I had a ton of variations btw. Had all freeze frame figures plus 1/2 circle Fett Freeze frame and sold them all on Yahoo auction for $600.00! Yes, Yahoo used to have an auction site and no listing or final value fees!

Selling my legacy millenium falcon and custom inperial shuttle painted gloss black. LOVED the LEGACY FALCON just its huge but best toy ship out there.

I used to just collect the 3 3/4 inch figure line and eventually the 6 inch hasbro line. During the five year span I have seen the sideshow figures and always wondered why someone would pay so much for a figure. I always thought that the $10 dollar 3 3/4 inch figures were awesome. I probably have over 700+ of these figures. They were cheap on ebay and every year got better and better. One day while looking for a general obi wan kenobi 3 3/4 figure I stumbled across a auction for the sideshows version. It ended in 10 minutes, brand new, only $55. I was a click away from bidding on that, but instead passed. Fast forward to June 2014. If you collect 3 3/4 line, you know nothing is out. No Clone Wars, no movie figures, no more vintage line, just a few oddball black series figures. The line would be like this I figured till 2015 , when the new movie hits, new more figures. So once again searching ebay I saw that same general Kenobi sideshow figure. It looked awesome. The clone armor, the cloth clothing, amazing. Then I saw the Anakin sideshow, then the Yoda with his council chair, then the new Vader with his light up base and chest, these four figures blew my mind not only for the life likeness, but for the price. Then I saw the whole list of these things via rebelscum. I was amazed. I took that bitter sweet plunge and completely caved in, buying 15 figures in the course of two months. $1800 later, with much more to add to my collection, I am proud to say my dumbest mistake was becoming a sideshow freak.

Back