ALIEN Collectors Edition Book?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

MagnumOpus

Super Freak
Reaction score
Preview-Night-Sideshow025.jpg

Just found out about this. I like the deluxe sculpted cover, not sure I would spend what they'll ask for it.
But I'm really interested in getting this book, sounds like fun to me!
Here's a description of the regular edition:
“Inside Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report, you will find detailed information on the life-cycle of the xenomorph, those who had the misfortune to come into contact with it, the habitats in which the creature has been encountered, and a breakdown of the most effective weapons to use against it, from pulse rifles to flamethrowers. The last word on the alien, Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report contains all the information you’ll need to track down one of these creatures, and maybe even survive the encounter.

This in-universe book will utilize over thirty years’ worth of Alien movie concept art, production design art, film stills, and other visual assets to create a deeply engrossing reading experience that will thrill fans of the franchise. Covering events and characters from Prometheus, Alien, Aliens, Alien III and Alien Resurrection, Alien: The Weyland-Yutani Report will be a uniquely immersive journey into a world that has thrilled audiences for over three decades."

* ** Being released in hardcover, this new book will weigh in at 160-pages and also come complete with 20 different inserts. Expect it to set you back about $50.

* ** As of this article, a release date for the book has yet to be given.

Just found out about this. I like the deluxe sculpted cover, not sure I would spend what they'll ask for it.

Yeah I think I'll share this opinion. Looks nice but I have Alien: The archive on pre order, I'll wait and see what that offers before thinking about this one.

I saw that price too. Sideshow has lost their collective minds. I'm a big fan of Alien, can afford the book, but no way in hell I'd pay that. As said previously, $99 tops. $325? GTFO of here

:mwaha:mwaha:mwaha:nono

Last edited:
LOL.

That is all. The material sounds interesting, so if there is a regular edition for ~$50 and all it's missing is the sculpted cover, I could be in for that.

$325????
Maybe if it was made out of skin which was actually pulled of a xeno's butt. Maybe.

I guess they figure slap on a crazy price and see if someone bites. I mean seriously $325 for a book! Cover or not that is polystone statue price and then some. I have paid less for PFs . After the failure the Del Toro book was ($500+) I'm surprised they even tried this..

Yikes! Doesn't really appeal to me, it is nice enough but I wouldn't want to display it so the cover would be wasted on me at that price. I'll just stick with regular books...

Well insight collectibles is nuts and sideshow is just as insane for agreeing to carry it... Btw how do you even enjoy reading it with that massive cover. Its an alien plaque mounted to a book. No offense but they can keep it.

This intrigued me when I saw it in the newsletter, as I hadn't heard about it before. Then I saw the price, like all here, and went :horror

With this hitting upwards of $400 with shipping just for a book cover? That's nuts. Add on that the cover itself doesn't even look that great, and is bound to have scuffs and such, and yeah...just a bizarre price to throw out there without saying, "And there are only 50!" And even with that limited number it'd still be insane when you can get the regular edition for $50 soon enough.

ubyv.jpg

Back