Statue Weta Faramir

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ever since talk of this statue emerged I have wondered what people see in the character. So this is an honest question, what is it about Faramir that people find so compelling? I never got any sort of feel for him from the movies so have 0 interest in the statue

Ever since talk of this statue emerged I have wondered what people see in the character. So this is an honest question, what is it about Faramir that people find so compelling? I never got any sort of feel for him from the movies so have 0 interest in the statue

TBH I would prefer other characters much more than this myself, so I wouldn't argue too much with you there! I think is more the craziness of going back to the LOTR line than anything else.

At 1000 ES I do not see it selling out quickly UNLESS many of the old SSW guys start buying it to add to the past collection. It will no doubt sell but I just(a feeling) think that it won't sellout fast. Also many won't jump in because they think Weta's prices are too expensive ...even if they love the piece. This will be a $275 piece IMHO

I can't see 1000 people caring about this. I won't be buying it. I think Weta's best approach here is to make it very limited as the mass appeal of this line is really quite limited at this point, just the die hards remain. How many 1000 piece statues have actually sold out since things started heating up again?

The character in the book comes across a lot stronger. He is more the embodiment of the original men of Numenor and carries the strong values and courage they had before Melkor's corruptions set in. Faramir first percieved the finding of the One ring and the counsel needed in Rivendell to decide what to do with it. He was able to resist the one rings power and accept his fate and his possible death for the greater good of Gondor and ME. He later wed Eowyn to unite the houses of The Stewards of Gondor and Eomer of Rohan. A solid character and a big link in the story overall.

I believe there will be a fair amount of interest from people who didn't get him in the ole SSW days. He may not sell out in a week or even say a year but he will and that will be a success. Lots of us have been asking for him for 10 years. So it's fantastic to finally have a chance to add another great character who has helped make Middle-earth such a wonderful place to visit.

Wonder if Pricing will be the same as the Hobbit guys at $275 even though some say the LOTR license is cheaper than the Hobbit

The LOTR license is cheaper than the Hobbit one, there is no other reason why the LOTR prints are cheaper than the Hobbit ones. IMO, if Weta wants to do well with selling out the awesome pieces they are making, they will have to go for prudent pricing. If they pass the license savings to the customer and price the 1/6 status at, say 225$, they well sell like hot cookies. If they price them between 275$ and 300$ they will take years to sell out, something that will be bad for them and for us, since the statues will come at a slow rate.

I believe there will be a fair amount of interest from people who didn't get him in the ole SSW days.

Huh? There was never any Faramir sculpt in the old SSW days. No statue and I don't think even a Bust was made, so this will be the first and likely only chance to add the Captain of Gondor to ones collection and re-unite him with his brother.

I always thought he was one of the main good guys missing and hence was always my first choice of statues when Weta got the license back.

What we have ended up with looks great and based on recent Weta offerings, the production piece should be just as good.

As for how well this will sell, that's almost anyone's guess. 1000 is a fair edition size now days, but at least it is limited and I still get a feeling that the Hobbit just hasn't sparked with as many as some would expect, while they still hold LOTR rather dear, so with SS gone and people thinking of maybe plugging a hole in their collections, this could do pretty well.

As for price, outside of the just ridiculous, I mostly don't care, display space is my biggest issue and that's what I've been saving for Faramir for the past year or so.

I meant that as none of us got him and that many of us who didn't were looking forward to this.

I meant that as none of us got him and that many of us who didn't were looking forward to this.

:exactly: Like many I was disappointed when SSW ended their LotR line and didn't do a Faramir statue/bust as he was the one (missing) character I really wanted represented in my collection, so I am glad Weta have provided that opportunity for us to fill the gap. :)

Well worth the wait too seeing the end product.

Back