NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm sure this is going change next time we see it at Toy fair. Has NECA ever used anything similar to the hair that's on the penguin? I'm going to assume they'll add in the coat later or just rerelease him with a coat? Maybe we can get lucky and its a decent cloth coat?

I'm sure this is going change next time we see it at Toy fair. Has NECA ever used anything similar to the hair that's on the penguin? I'm going to assume they'll add in the coat later or just rerelease him with a coat? Maybe we can get lucky and its a decent cloth coat?

2q36p7s.jpg

Pretty similar on the Gollum fig they made

Really hoping they add the coat in. He looks a bit strange with the top hat sans coat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I honestly can't tell if that's plastic or cloth. I mean, I know it's plastic but wow, that's a testament to how great the sculpt is. I take it he only has 7 points of articulation (not counting potential boot swivel and ankles)?

He needs more bile and flem on his mouth, that would really put him in monster mode.

If he doesn't come with his coat then I'm gonna paint him up like this...

10491065_10152568796149346_6597521918826836671_n.jpg

It's an awesome time to be a Burton bats fan. Long wait, but we got some good product in the past 2 years and upcoming. So maybe in another 20 some years we can get excited about the 2037 SDCC and we can finally get some ****ing DREDD 3D items.

I honestly can't tell if that's plastic or cloth. I mean, I know it's plastic but wow, that's a testament to how great the sculpt is. I take it he only has 7 points of articulation (not counting potential boot swivel and ankles)?

He needs more bile and flem on his mouth, that would really put him in monster mode.

Probably going to be a repaint that they use later.

Gotta give them credit, they didn't go the safe route. I expected them to do the regular "Mayoral prospect" look, which is safe, but no, they had the balls to go all out.

This figure in his baby onsie looks hideous and disgusting. Look at the grime, stains, tears, holes and obesity. It's horrific. They really pulled it off, it looks frightening. I'm sold as long as the final product lives up to this prototype. Here's hoping for the baby umbrella.

Where's Maglor, he'd love this stuff.

I agree with all the above. Im surprised they took this route, and I'm happy to see it.

I'm amazed NECA made this I have to say. A 1:4 Penguin from a 1992 Batman film?

It wouldn't scream ''major seller'' to me to the particular market they get. Maybe I'm wrong

I'm amazed NECA made this I have to say. A 1:4 Penguin from a 1992 Batman film?

It wouldn't scream ''major seller'' to me to the particular market they get. Maybe I'm wrong

And especially this version. It's pretty ballsy to say the least.

You can tell the folks that worked on this wanted to achieve something grotesque and I think they succeeded. I'm really surprised they just didn't go with something safer like this,

Batman-returns_-the-penguin-wallpapers_25785_1024x768.png

I applaud them for their boldness. This release goes back to the early 2000s era where McFarlane and NECA were releasing macabre "cult classics", "movie maniacs" icons and stuff.

Wow this came out of nowhere. The proto looks great! Not sure I'd like that gruesome figure in quarter scale on my shelves though. :lol

Back