NECA 1/4 Scale Batman Returns Danny DeVito Penguin Figure!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
To bad,that Neca makes no statues or high end figures, this sculpt is so nice. Its a shame that the final product would look so different.

I have hopes. The skin texture and paint work on the final product of Smeagol/Gollun was phenomenal. Considering the Penguin and Gollum have similar completions from not getting enough sun, I could see NECA producing a fine Penguin.

Didn't Gollum use the translucent plastic? The penguin appears to be just painted. I doubt it will look as good.

I might try and get some 1/4 campaign duds made for him if the sculpt turns out nice enough.....
Batman-returns_-the-penguin-wallpapers_25785_1024x768.png

HT is taking too damn long.:gah:

Last edited:
@snoop101, youre right, Neca use on Gollum the new skin casted, transculend plastic. Sadly they make not many figures with this technique.

Who is the sculpter, that make this figure?
Jason Frailey or Tankman?

And sculpt Frailey the NoES springwood slasher face?

I can't wait to pre-order this figure but actually I hope Neca will give 2 heads because the previous one looks so much better.

I hope they give him an umbrella. But based on appearances he looks like an statue that's not pose able unless that's a fabric costume.

I hope they give him an umbrella. But based on appearances he looks like an statue that's not pose able unless that's a fabric costume.

My guess is that the upper outfit section is a rubber overlay with an articulated body underneath.

Sallah

I wonder why they changed the head sculpt.
I like bother versions but for displaying I think the creepy smile works best. A lot of the promotional materials used the first Batman/Penguin confrontation (later joined by Catwoman) which has his doing the creepy smile.

They have already said that he will come with an umbrella,hat,cloth coat, and penguin commando

Yeah this figure is still a buy for me. Love the fish accessory. Hope that makes it to final production.

If Neca really will keep that new headsculpt I'll pass it. I was more excited about this figure than HT batman returns keaton.

hmmm i preferred the creep smile. I'm not a big fan of the snarling expressions on any action figure and this is no different. I'm back on the fence, hopefully the hat, coat, umbrella and especially the penguin commando will get me to pull the trigger.

Back