Hey Everybody!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

YankeesFanboy

Super Freak
Reaction score
Hi all,

I'm a writer living just outside of NYC.

I grew up during the 1980s, so my favorite cartoons were Masters of the Universe, Transformers, Thundercats and later Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.

Like everybody else my age, I love the Star Wars Original Trilogy. The first Superman film I saw in the theaters was IV, but I think I and II were the best. Tim Burton's 1989 Batman was a revelation. Batman Returns was pretty good too.

My favorite films include serious, dramatic fare such as A Clockwork Orange, Psycho, The Shining, the first two Godfathers and Goodfellas, and more action-oriented pictures like the first two Aliens, the first two Predators, the first two Terminators (there's definitely a trend here) and the first two Robocops.

I've been collecting McFarlane and NECA figures for years and I'm just starting to collect Hot Toys. The cheaper figures are good, but the higher-end stuff is a work of art.

I've been lurking for the last few years and I've enjoyed reading about collectors' sheer passion for this hobby. I decided to join after preordering the Hot Toys Robocop figure from Sideshow.

I look forward to having a blast on these forums. Thanks for reading!

Hey-welcome to the boards. I was born in NYC (da Bronx) and grew up in Westchester into my late 20's. Lived in North Jersy for a number of years, Philly and now I'm in Dallas, TX. Sometimes miss the Eadt Coadt, but not in winter time. Once you start collecting the higher end stuff, it's additicting. It's a great time to be a collector right now-I'm seeing figures, props, studio scale ships & statues that I never thought would come about in my 30+ years of collecting. I started in 1977 after the first Star Wars with the Kenner action figures and it has blown up from there. Anyway, this board has a great community and is loaded with info-have fun collecting!

Hey-welcome to the boards. I was born in NYC (da Bronx) and grew up in Westchester into my late 20's. Lived in North Jersy for a number of years, Philly and now I'm in Dallas, TX. Sometimes miss the Eadt Coadt, but not in winter time. Once you start collecting the higher end stuff, it's additicting. It's a great time to be a collector right now-I'm seeing figures, props, studio scale ships & statues that I never thought would come about in my 30+ years of collecting. I started in 1977 after the first Star Wars with the Kenner action figures and it has blown up from there. Anyway, this board has a great community and is loaded with info-have fun collecting!

Hey, I was born in the Bronx too! Moved to North Jersey when I was about 1. How do you like living in Dallas? Sounds like a city of the future.

Back